I don't like my '94 Rear Fascia

AlanEdwards

I prefer the '89 - '93 rear fascia. I haven't a clue as to why they ever changed it. If I were to get one, would it bolt directly up to my '94, or would modifications be required?

Also, I'm thinking of painting my calipers. What color do you guys think would go best? White (brake dust would suck, but would look good when clean) or red or blue, or another color? See the pics below and give me some feedback.

Alan

Last edited:
It will bolt right up. There was a guy on here with a black 94 or 95 that did the swap. You might search through the member section to find him. I would hold onto your original because it's a very expensive and hard to find part.

The 89-93 rear bumper was notorus for breaking the tabs off. The tabs I speak of are in the opening at the bottom. Ford closed that opening for 1994 and put a plastic strip in that location. I say enjoy your 1994 rear bumper. Oh to answer your question Yes the 89-93 rear bumper will fit your 94.

Rich

I second keeping the 94 rear valance on. My 90, when lent to a friend, came back minus the lower "valance wing" if you will. He saidthat he hit a bump, and that it just fell off while crossing a bridge. It was in the winter, and seeing as how the exhaust was heating that little "wing" up and then getting cold, on a daily basis, eventually it just gave in and snapped. I have also seen a few cars that no longer have that lower "wing" and have seen some that get rehabbed back into place. The early style does look cool, but they are more flimsy.
Tom

Scott Long said:
Swap it out for an early style it'll look good. Paint the calipers red, they look like the Porsche calipers.

Thanks all you guys for the helpful info and advise on the rear fascia. Scott, what kind of paint do you recommend? I agree with the color red, very nice.

Thanks,
Alan

I would say go with a ceramic caliper paint this will prevent brake dust from sticking to the caliper and disapate heat better.The painting kit can be purchased at any auto parts store!I went with the black because IMO calipers are not something I like to stand out!

Chris

You can't get another one of those 94-95 rear bumpers any more. So you may want to keep it, if you do the swap. I'll trade you a rear 98-93 bumper for your 94 one... :cool:

AlanEdwards said:
I prefer the '89 - '93 rear fascia. I haven't a clue as to why they ever changed it. If I were to get one, would it bolt directly up to my '94, or would modifications be required?

Also, I'm thinking of painting my calipers. What color do you guys think would go best? White (brake dust would suck, but would look good when clean) or red or blue, or another color? See the pics below and give me some feedback.

Alan

Ok, I know you gotta be living in Lake County Florida, the Plaza, Leesburg, Florida sticker says it all!

Welcome to the Lake County Group...LOL

I am going to do mine with 1500 degree engine paint and see how it holds up. Might look nice showing through my open cobra wheels.

I agree with the high temp paint idea, but I also agree with ceramic. It will hold less brake dust. I just put new brake pads all the way around today. I put ceramics on the front and semi-metalics on the rear (ceramic pads aren't available for the rear). The ceramic pads won't put out much brake dust on front, but the rear semi-metalics will. That's why I would go with ceramic paint on all calipers, the rear dust. Ceramic paint will not collect as much dust. It will also help disipate the heat better.

Last edited:
Rich Thomson said:
The 89-93 rear bumper was notorus for breaking the tabs off. The tabs I speak of are in the opening at the bottom.
In a case of "man did I do the right thing".. When originally I bought the car, I was unpleased with the droop of the rear ground effects at the inside of the exhaust tips. Taking it to Ford, they shrugged their shoulders and said "What droop? I dont' see no droop.. Car's ready!" (Arrgggg). Being the impatient type that I am, I just took some thick nylon cord and lashed through the unsupported eyelets and onto the frame.. 15 years ago! The cord has held all that time and that extra reinforcement is probaly why the tabs have also. :D :cool:

Before I bought my 95 I had a 89 SC and I loved the rear bumper, more than the 95 style.

I've had my 95 for about 6 years now and I must say that I now like the newer style much better than the 89-93.

All I know is if you do ditch that 94/95 style rear bumper...let it stand here that I officially call first dibs on offering money for it!

Micah

Micahdogg said:
All I know is if you do ditch that 94/95 style rear bumper...let it stand here that I officially call first dibs on offering money for it!

Micah

Well, is there a way to remove the black piece that covers the opening?
Just a thought.

David

A yeah...no. Don't sawzall a friggen 94/95. I know you can each do what you want to your cars, but seriously, if I see anyone sawzall a 94/95 bumper to look like the 89 style.....I'll personally sawzall your side mirrors off for an even smoother look.

Micah

Micahdogg said:
A yeah...no. Don't sawzall a friggen 94/95. I know you can each do what you want to your cars, but seriously, if I see anyone sawzall a 94/95 bumper to look like the 89 style.....I'll personally sawzall your side mirrors off for an even smoother look.

Micah

Don't worry about me Micah, I have a 91. :D
It just crossed my mind, that's all.

David

Back