Injectors, and Magnuson ?'s

HHHthegame

Ok, while we were pulling apart the superchicken motor today, preparing to clean, etc: We come across this white sticker on the blower that says "Magnuson AS21378", isnt that a company that makes nose-drive kits for the GTP's and such? Any ideas, or is this a "stock" thing that all blowers had? Also I can't tell if I have aftermarket injectors or not, they are all yellow w/ red tops, I did manage to get a serial # though, 0 280 150 945 , and they have number 168 on them??? Any help is ALWAYS appreciated guy, thanks much, Austin

432375_51_full.jpg

So you think the Injectors are Stock? My last SC, a 94, the injectors were black though ? Weird, I guess. Heres a question I have, I am planning on a 5% Jackshaft pulley for my SC. The car already has a 89-93 Blower Pulley on it. So it will be about 8% overdriven, correct? I have a stock IC w/ 8" fan. Is that enough to combat the heat? Or do I NEED a Double IC? If anyone has anything to say, please do by all means. Thanks for all the input and help guys, Austin

ford injectors
19lb - orange
24lb - light blue
30lb - red
36lb - dark blue
42lb - lime green

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48088&highlight=injector+black

Depends on the blower. What year is your car?

To figure out the pulley size. Remove the SC belt and measure the diameter from the top of the ribs. The 5% and 10% are terms used for the 89-93 cars.

94/95 3.250
89-93 3.135
5% 2.950
10% 2.850

These are measurements I found posted by XR7 Dave.

On a 94/95 car a 89-93 pulley is about 3.5 % plus the 5% jackshaft pulley. You will have near 8.5% overdrive. You will get great power off the line and then the car will die at the end of the 1/4. You really should get a double IC or some sort of custom FMIC. Or you can do as someone I will keep nameless and just drive it when it is cold out. :D

Edit because I can't add, but Melon Can. I was thinking you had a 5 % already. Fixed above %'s.

3.25 * 96.5 = 3.136 = 3.5%
3.135 * 94.1 = 2.95 = 5.9%
2.95 * 96.5 = 2.846 = 3.5%

Last edited:
Keep in mind that 89-93 SC's had 30# injectors and 94-95's had 36#'s.

A 94/95 blower with an 89-93 pulley is equal to about a 3% OD IIRC, and adding the 8% OD Jackshaft will equal the 8% :D Your correct (Hooray, I know Math too :D)

Might want to consider a double IC. Upgrading to a double IC was one of the earlier things that I did. I don't have an IC fan on there yet, but I'm planning to put on one this winter. Maybe, depending on your final goal for your SC - a FMIC instead of a double IC.

-Andy "Melon"

It's a 95 SC. I hope it doesn't only have 30lb's... That would be a severe kick in the pills, lol. Is there any way to tell, maybe a serial number or something? ? ? Also, Any other Ideas on the Magnuson thing? Any ideas are appreciated as always, Austin

Magnuson is the official rebuilder of Eaton blowers. My guess is that you may have a newer rotor pack/plate or maybe an entire Magnuson rebuillt blower on your hands.

Jerry

Austin put your cup on, those are 30 lbs. injectors. The yeliow paint thats on them was put there by someone else(previous owner). The Magnuson sticker on the blower means that either the piece the sticker is on came out of a Magnuson rebuilt blower or the entire blower you have was rebuilt by Magnuson. :confused:
Maybe its just me but from the picture it looks as if the parts that make up your blower are slightly different shades of the factory color. Tends to look like that blower was pieced together from at least 2 different blowers. I may be wrong about that however.

They can't be 30's ! ! ! Why on earth would someone do something so stupid ! ! ! ! How can you tell they are 30's if they were painted then? Please Help ! ! ! Hoping they aren't 30's :( , Austin

Well I have a 90 SC and they came with 30 lbs injectors. The 30 lbs injectors plastic is red in color, thats the way Ford marks there injectors by color coding them. Mine are red plastic where your are but black where yours is yellow(the metal part). I sent mine to RC eng for cleaning and blueprinting and they returned them to me with the black paint stripped off the steel, so there now red and silver in color. The red is the meaningfull part.
The 94's had 36 lbs injectors that are dark blue plastic with black metal bodies. Even if your injectors had been sent out as mine were no injector service paints the plastic parts because thats the only way to tell what size they are, they may paint the metal body but they will not paint the plastic.
The previous owner may have however.

What are the chances they are aftermarket 42's or something? I don't think the yellow is painted on, cause I tried to scratch it and nothin comes off ?!?! What companys make aftermarket injectors for my car? I want to make sure these damn things are 30's before I buy new ones for a load of cash ! Thanks Again for the depressing news, lol. Austin

The plastic tops on 42 lbs injectors is Lime Green(like a Kawasaki). I assure you that your injectors are 30 lbs and not 42 lbs. Did you just purchase this car recently or something? I'm not suprised that the yellow paint does'nt scratch off easily, engine heat has a habit of baking paint on.

Last edited:
Yes, I got in from an auction and always thought it seemed kinda slow and laggy for all it has done to it. The injectors are the reason why aren't they? How do you go about changing the stupid things? Anyone point me to a good source for it, Thanks Again, Austin

Speaking of which, do you have to take the blower off to change the injectors? It looks as though it would be MUCH easier to do it with it off. :confused:

Back