Oil pressure sending unit

Look between the alternator and the powesteering pump. Its way back there. Good luck at getting it out without removing lots of things.

Shane

Good thing that isn't where the oil leak is coming from!!!!! :eek:

I have found the problem......Oil filter has a small crack where the finger ridges are...... :D

quick35th said:
Look between the alternator and the powesteering pump. Its way back there. Good luck at getting it out without removing lots of things.

Shane

Hmm.. this appears to be handy information.. maybe I'll be installed my Autometer oil pressure gauge when I get into my engine a bit for some modding :D

-Andy "Melon"

Melon said:
Hmm.. this appears to be handy information.. maybe I'll be installed my Autometer oil pressure gauge when I get into my engine a bit for some modding :D

-Andy "Melon"
When I installed my Autometer triple gauge pod, I installed a oil pressure gauge. Now my "check cluster" like is coming on and my factory oil pressure isn't working. Can anyone explain why this is happening, and what the fix for this is.

Don't ask me why I installed another oil pressure unit... please!!!!!! :mad:

-Kornhaus

Acually you did a good thing by installing a real oil pressure gauge. The factory one doesn't really messure pressure, it just tells you if there is pressure or not.

Shane

My stock gauge reads high all the time so I'm pretty sure the sender is crap. I'm going to try to do something so that it will atleast read high enough to keep the CEL off.

-Andy "Melon"

hellakornhaus said:
When I installed my Autometer triple gauge pod, I installed a oil pressure gauge. Now my "check cluster" like is coming on and my factory oil pressure isn't working. Can anyone explain why this is happening, and what the fix for this is.

Don't ask me why I installed another oil pressure unit... please!!!!!! :mad:

-Kornhaus

You need to ground the harness wire out then your stock gauge will go to the normal position and turn the check gauge light off!Try grounding it to the block, if you find a good ground the gauge will go to the normal position when the key is turned to the (on) position!If you cant find a good ground on the block I would suggest running a wire to the neg terminal on your battery!

Chris

Back