Help: Moonroof manual override

Nate93

My moonroof is stuck to the rear. The motor has power because I can hear it working when the switch is to the rear. NOTHING happens when I try to move it foreward. Maybe the switch, I don't know. I just want to close the dang thing and take the duck-taped garbage back from ontop of it :) sigh.

So I've read the forums and they said that I'd just need a ford manual window crank and I could find the place to use it under the panel over the rear seat (in headliner). I've looked and haven't been able to find a manual override. Nothing has a recepter for the crank.

Can someone please post a picture for me?

It's a 1995 T-bird SC.

Thanks for the help,
Nate

I think you have to take the motor off. Then use the crank over the spline that the motor was engaged to. If the special manual crank is hard to find, I would get a used motor out of the parts and replace it. Let the motor work for you. You'll have to do the synchronization procedure anyway. I have an extra one. I think I paid 28 dollars + shipping. Let me know. I think the sunroof motor is the same from year to year. I think mine is from an 89 and it looked the same as my 95.

Back