Clutch pedal making a disturbing noise...

Brad94SC

this just started happening two days ago, and I had never heard of this before.

when I push my clutch in, and release it, it makes a loud "clack" noise somewhere up under the dash. it does it all throughout the range of pedal travel, it can do it once at the top of the pedal, then next time it will be nearly pushed all the way in..

is there a linkage that could be giving out? has anyone had problems witht he firewall cracking around where the pedal is mounted?

thanks for any help you can give me!

Mine made that noise when the pushrod bushing was worn out. it was metal on metal. Mine wore to the point I have to replace/repair the clutch pedal mechanism. The part has been obsolete since 1999. hopefully you only need the pushrod bushing.

They make the noise till the plastc bushing falls completely apart then your pedal goes to the floor when the clutch master cylinder pushrod falls off the pedal assembly.....

So get a bushing ASAP and hopefully your pedal assembly is not worn as bad as mine was.

I have two pictures. One of the pedal I pulled out of my car and the one I bought to replace it. As you can see the one I am putting back in is not perfect.

I wish I could just buy a new piece. I hope one of the SC fabricators and machinists get together and offer a better solution than used parts.

I have read where the firewall can crack on these cars. I just hope mine does not for a while yet....

Good Luck

Attachments

• DSC05510.jpg
    DSC05510.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 85
  • DSC05515.jpg
    DSC05515.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:
Mine was doing the exact same thing for about a month then i had to replace the slave cylinder and havent heard it since.

Back