Odd problem..

Feld

Ok, I love my Bird and all but she has a problem, the engine coughs and the psi guage spikes when I put the hammer down, it doesn't start coughing 'til around 8 boost, but it will start to buck a little around vac. Anyone know what this could be? I have already had the plugs, wires, and injectors checked, is my blower broke or is it some other part of the engine?

Thanks for any help in advance!

Sounds like its another problem. I would have said plugs and wires but you say that thay are good. Could be a DIS problem. See if there are any codes on the computer and go from there.

Shane

It's at a shop near here over night, so I will be able to ask if they pulled any codes tomorow when I pick it up.

Pardon the igorance, but whas is a DIS?

Whoa!

DIS

Distributorless Ignition System where your spark plugs meet right near ya alternator!!!!

having the same problem....

well i changed the ignition mod. , coil pack,wires, and cam sensor still was bogging only when boost would build up (havent swapped the supercharger unit yet but i am) but... my car just shut off the other day so im ganna change the crank sensor (wont start anymore no spark) that or the balancer is messed up hope this helps

Got it back early, I'm at a friend's house so I really havnt had a chance to open it up yet, I'll see if they fixed it on the drive home..

Feld,

Your problem sounds similiar to a problem I had about a month ago. It turned out being the intercooler hose seals. Have you technician check that out. Good luck.

Yea, it was in the shop and I just got it back tonight, good as new. He didn't say what it was tho, so I'll take your word for it. ;)

Edit: well, she runs like a champ so i guess they fixed it, never said what was wrong with it tho...

Last edited:
Back