Torque converters. Stock or higher stall?

95sc666

I'm wondering what converters you guys and gals are using in your cars. I'm rebuilding my tranny while the motor is out & putting in a trans go shift kit. the motor will have mildly ported heads & intake pasages, I made a 1 1/2" raised top, I"m hogging out the exhaust manifolds, high flow cats, flowmaster resinator 15100, stock mufflers for now, car has 3.31 gears, will soon put in 3.73s. The heads, cam & blower are '95 parts. Has anybody tried using the smaller 89 to 93 pulley on the 95 blower? Looking at this combo, would you leave the stock converter or up the stall? Thank you for any input!!!

95sc666 said:
I'm wondering what converters you guys and gals are using in your cars. I'm rebuilding my tranny while the motor is out & putting in a trans go shift kit. the motor will have mildly ported heads & intake pasages, I made a 1 1/2" raised top, I"m hogging out the exhaust manifolds, high flow cats, flowmaster resinator 15100, stock mufflers for now, car has 3.31 gears, will soon put in 3.73s. The heads, cam & blower are '95 parts. Has anybody tried using the smaller 89 to 93 pulley on the 95 blower? Looking at this combo, would you leave the stock converter or up the stall? Thank you for any input!!!

I'd say go with higher stall, 373s with a 2000-2500 stall would make it a bat outta hell off the line

not a fan of Transgo
As for the converter....i just built an SC with a Lentech converter - good ****. I would recomend 25-2800 stall. PATC has them for $260 and they seem to work good, I have one on my 5.0

As far as the converter goes... Buy a markVIII flexplate and a marauder torque converter. That will give the most bang for the buck everytime.
Alan

Back