Running like @#$%, super high temp, HGs probably?

93SuperCoupeBoy

Ok, my SC has been missing here the past few days. Today I drove it around, and it started running hotter and hotter. I decided I had better pull over and shut it down and see what was going on. There wasn't any coolant in the oil (that I could see, and not that that means anything necessarly). When I went to restart the car, it wouldnt' crank. Starter engaged, but it wouldn't turn the engine. After a couple tries giving it a little gas (I needed to get home) I decided what the hell, worse case senario is a rebuild or something. So, got it chuggin' and got home. Parked it. The whole time, you could start to smell coolant strongly.

As a side note.... I've been losing coolant over the past month or so. And in the last day I've lost one overflow tank and some of the radiator of coolant. There couldn't have been air bubbles that big in there, considering I just flushed it the other day to get the air out to make sure!

Nick

Last edited:
Well.... rebuild time now! I'm kinda happy to get it over with. Now I can get the bottom end setup and not have to worry about this problem for a long while. Just bad timing, getting ready to drive down to Florida (not in the SC, but none the less I'm without the time).

I knew it was going to be soon....temp just kept working it's way up. I think the water pump was going too, which may have contributed. Oh well.

Nick

Back