PDA

View Full Version : American Coating Specialties, Humble TX

tripntx
12-22-2004, 03:44 PM
I'm in the process of rebuilding my 90 SC. I ported my manifolds, and then shipped them, my EGR tube (which was new) and water neck/thermostat housing to a company in Humble TX on Oct 12th. They called two weeks later and left me a message to contact them for billing, saying they sandbasted, acid dipped, and then coated all parts with a 2000 degree ceramic coating.

I've been leaving them 2 to 3 messages a week and emailing them once a week, without a single reply from them. Yesterday, their phone number went permanently busy, email is being returned as not invalid, and their website has been taken down. Now I have to buy all these parts, because mine are at a business which has gone out of business.

Dave Hamilton
American Coating Specialties
1329 South Houston Ave.
Humble, Texas 77338
Ph 281-446-6203
Email: dhamil@texas.net
http://dhamil.home.texas.net/hedman68460.jpg

z90sc
12-22-2004, 06:21 PM
..well that just sucks doesn't it.......
z

Still Crusin
12-22-2004, 06:28 PM
Ken, did you try contacting any of the SC owners or do you know anyone else in that area that might be able to go to their physical address?
There must be some recourse, that's just plain theft.

tripntx
12-22-2004, 07:42 PM
Ken, did you try contacting any of the SC owners or do you know anyone else in that area that might be able to go to their physical address?
There must be some recourse, that's just plain theft.
Rick,
I did a google search on the company and found a thread on 3rd generation forums, which provided a cell phone number to a former employee and I called him earlier today. He's gonna try to obtain my parts tomorrow and give me a call before 1600 hrs tomorrow. If he's able to get them I'll drive over there after work. It's only a 40 minute drive from Ellington Field. What really bugs me is the labor I put into porting them myself. I had opened up the collector to 1.9" using flapper wheels. If they have been coated, I'll offer him the money for the job.

Owen's Racing in Pearland is doing the block and heads. They aren't very pleased with the SC exhaust valves and exhaust port and are planning on massaging the exhust port a little and was looking today for replacement exhaust valves. I've spent a bundle buying parts, but I'll be happy with it once it's back together.

Ken

rzibilske77
12-24-2004, 12:18 PM
i live in Humble Tx, and i will be more than happy to find out what the heck is going on, see if there ignoring u or if really there no longer around...also do u have any documentation or correspondence from this company?

tbird88
12-25-2004, 02:35 PM
Yikes! I feel really bad for sending you there. After reading all of the rave reviews about their quality I was lookin' forward to having them do some stuff for me. Don't know what to say, any way I can help just ask.

'bird

tbird88
12-26-2004, 07:23 PM
Trip, I posted on Hot Rod Gossip about this and asked for any info that might be out there. Dave replied and it sounds like things will work out.

http://www.hotrodgossip.com/

Scroll about 1/4 of the way down.

"[> Subject: ACS

Author:
Dave at ACS
[Edit] Date Posted: 16:40:33 12/25/04 Sat
Hello, The shop is not closed. The phone is on.I am interviewing a couple people Mon and Tues for the position of new General Manager to work full time customer service, answering the phone, sales, and handle most of the business functions of the shop. I work full time night shift as a aircraft mechanic for Continental Airlines, have been there 17 years and am not going to leave that job. I cant do both full time so we will have a new man in charge at ACS with years of experience in the auto perf industry. I will then spend the time I have available to work in the shop working on the equipment to allow better production and training additional shop people. This will be much better since I am a mechanic after all. Thanks to all for bringing your parts in for us to do and Merry Christmass, Dave"

Hope he gets it together, some fantastic work has come outa that place.

'bird