Sad to say my membership is ending

scbird1

All my cars are now in the hands of new SC lovers. I sold off all my parts but one 93 bare block. So im looking into what to buy next so off to the Ford stealer I go and whats on the floor but a new Ford GT, well it would only take 3 years of my income to offset the $250,000.00 they are asking, some said they are taking bids for it, so lets stop kidding and go test drive that new Mustang gt. What not one on the lot?
So the salesman adds that yes they have had a few and are selling for 4-5 grand above stcker price :eek: I thought Ford was having a bad year and was trying to sell some cars? Well now I understand why some are going to Honda and toyota. I have allways loved the SC and liked what Ford was trying to pefect. You would think that Ford would have made a few more and not played the suppy and demand game But anyhoo no mater what car I end up with the SC will be close to my heart and I will try to stay on the boards to help out anyone I can as I was able to fix all but one problem with all the cars I had. Merry Christmas and keep the road salt off that SC. Mark

I'm one of those new SC lovers that Mark sold a car to. I can tell you all that Mark is a real stand up guy. I'm sure everyone is gonna miss you around here Mark...but i still have a feeling you'll end up with another SC, its in your blood :p . Please stay around the boards, as you've seen and fixed plenty of problems with these cars, and the new generation (youngsters like me) are going to need the help of guys like you. May your family have safe, happy, and plentiful holidays.

EDIT: BTW, i'm loving the new mustang GT, maybe you could wait for the new cobra and stick with your forced induction heritage :D.

Regards,
Trey

I still dont understand thsi obsession with a heavy ugly cavalier looking not so fast car they call a GTO..Wel we do all liek SC's but at least they look good :O)

DamonSlowpokeBaumann said:
I still dont understand thsi obsession with a heavy ugly cavalier looking not so fast car they call a GTO..Wel we do all liek SC's but at least they look good :O)

As always Damon, your opinions are very clear on the subject. However, you can not hope to understand another opinion until you first relax your hold on your own. ;)

Actually..I very much understand others opinions....Just as I would love to own a new Astin Martin..But ya know. WHat do you really get for your money there?...We all have opinions...I state mine:O) Nothing wrong with showing someoen both sides of the coin...Pros and cons to everything

I've known Mark for quite a while being that I've been friends with his son since we were in 1st grade. It's always sad to see a fellow SCer go but that is how life is. Mark and his son have helped me with my SC countless times even with changing the plugs EEK! They are wonderful people and great friends.

If you're looking for a new mustang I would wait at least 6 months or so until the greedy dealerships get rid of the markups. Check out http://bradbarnett.net/mustangs/ for info on the 05. A lot of people have been getting them for 500 over msrp which isn't that bad for a brand new model. The GTO's were marked up 4-5 grand when they first came out as well until GM couldn't sell a single one.

The new Mustang GT outperforms the 350hp GTO as well so forget GM unless you are interested in buying a vette.

Thanks for the kind words guys. I test drove the goat having owed a 68 but the one I drove was a far cry from that but im still in the hunt and if I dont find my what im looking for I will be back as I dont care what others say or feel about the car I drive. Its what you like that counts. Most look at the guy with AMG and say look what money can buy. Its mostly true as money can buy you speed. Merry Chistmas ALL

SC90_Pete said:
The new Mustang GT outperforms the 350hp GTO as well so forget GM unless you are interested in buying a vette.

If all people cared about was acceleration then there would be no reason at all to consider an SC. Obviously there are other reasons for buying a car. ;)

And if you want to compare an 05 Mustang to an 04 GTO, well go ahead I guess. The 05 GTO is faster than an 05 Mustang.

Really you shouldn't be comparing them at all. The only things they have in common are V8 power and RWD - oh, and a 13 second timeslip. :D

I like both the 04 GTO and 05 Mustang - but I agree with Damon - I can't get past the Cavalier-ish look it seems to have. Don't get me wrong, I think it's a nice looking car and I like the idea of a RWD V8 with a manual transmission (who doesn't?) but for the money I'd spend on either car, I'd actually consider an 04 Cobra - still have the RWD V8 with manual transmission - but have the blower and probably beat both of them :D

If I had to run out right now and buy one or the other, it'd be the 05 Mustang.

-Andy "Melon"

XR7 Dave said:
If all people cared about was acceleration then there would be no reason at all to consider an SC. Obviously there are other reasons for buying a car. ;)

And if you want to compare an 05 Mustang to an 04 GTO, well go ahead I guess. The 05 GTO is faster than an 05 Mustang.

Really you shouldn't be comparing them at all. The only things they have in common are V8 power and RWD - oh, and a 13 second timeslip. :D

Heh Dave, I'm not just talking about 1/4" mile times, I'm talking all around performance including skidpad etc etc. I totally agree with you that there are other things when considering a car besides straight line performance, hence the reason I love my SC. I'm just saying that the new GTO was a poor attempt by GM to bring something to the table in order to compete against the new mustang GT.

Back