foggy windows

sweetcoupe

does anyone get bad foggy windows while driving in the rain .....i was just driving home today and i had my defrost on the whole time and it was clear on the windshield but everyting else i couldnt even see out of

Hello.
You might want to see if you are getting moisture into the car through weatherstripping, body plugs and grommets or the drain tubes from the sunroof/moonroof if equipped. My moonroof has a slight leak somewhere and when it does I get the same thing. The rear window is fogged up along with the small side windows. Hopefully I will get the time to fix it soon.

Some FYI on defogging..

If you notice, when you turn on the defrost, your A/C compressor turns on also even though you may have the temp slider over on hot. This is by design. The cold air passing through the A/C is cooled past the dew point which results in cold dryer air exiting the other side of the evaporator. It then passes over the heater core which heats it back up again. The effect is this: dry air is needed to defog the windshield especially on rainy days when the air is very humid. If your A/C isn't working, the defrost won't be as effective as it could be.. Unless its really cold out in which case it can't remove any moisture anyway. :)

Back