ordered radiator from rad.express today...

ddw350

i also looked at radiatorbarn.com,ended up getting it from rad.express.i explained several times i have a sc not regulator 3.8...guess well see if i get the right one,she did say the brackets were not included at the price on the internet....its all brass i guess,ought to be fun installing brackets with no holes in the rad to screw to,unless it has inserts in or something...

ddw350 said:
i also looked at radiatorbarn.com,ended up getting it from rad.express.i explained several times i have a sc not regulator 3.8...guess well see if i get the right one,she did say the brackets were not included at the price on the internet....its all brass i guess,ought to be fun installing brackets with no holes in the rad to screw to,unless it has inserts in or something...

I don't think you'll have any trouble with the rad from radiator express. I've had one from them for over a year and I'm happy with it. I can't comment on how to mount the bracket to it though since I bought mine with the bracket. However the bracket on theirs bolts on so I believe the stock bracket should bolt on with slight modification. John

that will be great if it does mount up with little trouble...im starting to get the ol' "gettin tired of workin on this thing" attitude.its taken 8 years,but its starting.thanks for the info...

Their website shows two different products for our radiator. One includes the brackets for $202.95 and one without the brackets for $160.00. It appears that all of them have the needed fittings and core for the auto trans, so it's the same price regardless of Auto or Manual trans.

SCCoA members receive $20 off any purchase using the www.radiatorexpress.com website or via the phone. (See the post in the member discounts thread for how to get this discount)

Shipping is a flat $10 ground. Many Supercoupe owners have received new radiators from them.

Now I don't believe these are an "upgraded" radiator. I.E., they are stock replacements, they don't increase the cooling capacity of the system beyond what the car had when it was new. If you need better than that (i.e. for a modded motor) you should be looking at other solutions.

Mike8675309 said:
...If you need better than that (i.e. for a modded motor) you should be looking at other solutions.
Mike38SC makes some sweet aluminum radiators..

I wasn't impressed with RXpres's shipping choice as it took a week + to get the thing to me. :rolleyes:
I was on a very tight budget when I got mine from Radiator Express, and bought it off EBay and may be why it took longer...but there was an extra charge for the "Turbo Bracket" which IS the Intercooler bracket you need. You will have to bolt it on with their bolts. It's a no-brainer.
Also, DO NOT throw away ANY of your clips and screws as you will need them for the new radiator. /as he runs out to curb chaising down the recycle truck. :p :D
Now is a good time to replace your radiator cap. Overall, and for the price, it is a pretty decent radiator though it didn't help me since it was my blown HG's and not a plugged rad like I thought... :eek:

Last edited:
my neighbor got one for a tahoe from rad.express..it was the same as factory,like you say,its not an upgrade,just a replacement..for $160,seems to be hard to beat though,unless its total garbage..

got the rad.this evening.not very impressed though...i think it fell out the back of the ups truck!the box was all tore up,both inlet/outlet tubes were distorted and the bracket on the intercooler side was broken loose at the solder joints! oh yea,the petcock area was pushed in too.im gonna email them and tell them,i put it in anyway,after straightning and resoldering the bracket.its not leaking yet! figured id email them and tell them about the problems,so this weekend when it starts leaking,i can send it back! the intercooler mounts bolted right up though. dont get me wrong though...if it doesnt leak,im keeping it...

Make sure you do contact them to let them know. Even if you can work with what you got, they should know they need to maybe look at improving their packaging.

Like I said..
BobGPz said:
...I wasn't impressed with RXpres's shipping choice as it took a week + to get the thing to me. :rolleyes:...
You should not have put it in if UPS broke it. I'm sure RX would have billed UPS and sent you a brand new one. Once you get that rad hot it might start leaking..Mine arrived in perfect shape, just UPS took forever..It sat on a truck here in Vancouver, but they were "Backlogged" in getting it off the truck :rolleyes:

i cant guarentee that ups actually roughed it up...or if it was shoddy packing by radxpress...i run it for 2 hours tonight and no leaks yet,it got up to operating temp for awhile.the rad seemed to "smoke" off some paint and whatever else hot temps burn off a little.that took about 20 mins,after it got warm,then its been fine.i mean it only took like 10 mins to "repair" a few flaws,then it dropped right in....

I needed a college degree to unwrap that thing, so I'm sure RadX more than likely is not at fault..they were a little overboard in protecting the rad during shipping.

BobGPz said:
I needed a college degree to unwrap that thing, so I'm sure RadX more than likely is not at fault..they were a little overboard in protecting the rad during shipping.

I'm sure UPS is the one that damaged the rad, they completely destroyed one that I built and sent to the customer. I completely insure each and every rad I ship out for just such reasons and in the end UPS DID NOT pay for the damages and instead I ate it. There claims adjuster had the rad for a couple of weeks and in the end declared there was NO damage to the rad, funny thing is I had the customer send me pics of the damage(and man was it damaged) and after the adjuster made there decission they returned the rad to me, I was blown away. That adjuster has to be blind! :mad:

i emailed radx today and informed them of the damages to the rad.i called but was on hold for like 10 mins.i didnt slam nobody,just "informed" them what had happened.anyway,2nd day in a row with no leak so i guess thats a step in the right direction..as easy as it is to get in and out,if i have to return it,its not really a big deal..as long as i dont have to pay for anything[execpt return shipping].i sent my stock rad to a shop that does alot of work for my brothers company to see if they can replace the plastic tank on top of the rad.i figured if its not to much,i'll get that done and have a spare,or sell it or trade it......

if i had to do it again,id go with radiator barn.com.i know 2 people that have gotten very high quality rads from them.1 was a modine for a chevy tahoe,i guess it was remaned,but it was almost $100 cheaper than autozone/trakauto.lifetime warrenty too....

MIKE 38sc said:
I'm sure UPS is the one that damaged the rad, they completely destroyed one that I built and sent to the customer. ...

Better start using Fed Ex or someone else Mike. I know they are a bit more, but that is who I trust to make sure my clients stuff show up at the courthouse. I would hate to think how many clients docs would be lost if I used UPS, and the USPS is a joke as they charge me $3.85 to ship to the court only to have them turn around and say, "Ooops, we don't deliver to them cause they have a PO BOX, here's your stuff back that needed to be there 4 days ago". :rolleyes: :mad:
My friend works for UPS, so I was kidding with him about shipping a motorcycle tire I bought and was being shipped through his company. Told him to treat is nice or the cost of replacing it would come out of his bonus. He shrugged and said "We are Union and get paid no matter what". :rolleyes:

DDW350, I have a flashback of the opening credits for "Ace Ventura Pet Detective" when I think about how our radiators are taken care of.. :D :p :eek:

Believe it or not Bob I've had even worse luck with Fed Ex. I've had Fed Ex hold my pkg's in Memphis for 2 days when they were supposed to be delivered next day. When I asked the man about there slogan "Fed EX! when it absolutely posatively has to get there overnight" he said "Thats TV sir". I then said to him that I did'nt feel I should have to pay for next day service because they did'nt meet there end of the deal. He then told me "thats just the way it is, sometimes we make it and sometimes we dont". That was'nt my first bad encounter with Fed Ex, but it was my last.

I've purchased 3 different radiators from rad-exp., and was satisfied with them all (for 3 different cars, all currently working well) (( well, the radiators are, the cars....).

It's a stock replacement, made in India, CSF, i think. I don't much care for the plastic pet-cock thinging, but oh well. And the packaging could be better, but as long as you get a responsible delivery service, the current packaging is good-to-ok.

I wouldn't recomend paying extra for the "turbo-bracket" because you can just install your stock one on the replacement radiator. For me, the screw holes were there regardless of my purchasing the turbo-bracket or not.

I recomend radiator express. Compared to a 15 year old dirty stock radiator, they work like a charm. But then again, i'm using Evan's Cooling NPG+, so I have no pressure in my coolant system.

p.s. sure would like a super cool alum. radiator from mike 38sc, but, Santa didn't hook me up... oh well, maybe next year....

New Radiators

ddw350 said:

I found www.radiator.com They sold me a new radiator for a '95 3.8 na
for 145.00 delivered,two day delivery from Mass. to Ct. They use FedEx Ground, real good packing, customer service. Very happy.

Just some feedback

I bought my rad from RX and had no problems. I ordered it over the phone. They gave me the phone price and I told them I wanted the Ebay price wich was $20 cheaper. They even knocked the $20 off for SCCOA membership. I had the rad the next day. Of course they are in Joysey and I am in Marland. My IC bracket bolted right up. The only problem was the petcock was a litle bent up. No biggie, it bent back with no issues. $160 delivered taint bad.

Back