Bad gas mileage.....still

Randle

OK, so I just spent $800 fixing up my new toy wich included new 02's. I'm still getting a 200 mile range on a full tank of gas though? Since I'm officially broke now, I really need some help figuring out what is wrong. Keep in mind, I'm no mechanic (meaning I dont have all the fancy tools that some of you do) and dont have the money (or time, need to get to work) to take it to a shop for another week. Whenever someone is getting bad gas mileage the first thing people say is O2's though, so whats next on the list?

OK Randal, I'm sure that you got more that just O2's for $800. Tell us what else you spent the money on. Plugs, wires, MAF, what?

AlanEdwards said:
OK Randal, I'm sure that you got more that just O2's for $800. Tell us what else you spent the money on. Plugs, wires, MAF, what?

I had a bad oil leak, rear tires, o2's, oil change, and brakes. The O2's was suppose to fix the gas problem, the other stuff was random problems/mantainence.

change the fuel filter. also is the car blowing black smoke or running rough if so maybe its the fuel pressure regulator im not a mechanic either id just check stuff starting from the gas tank

Back