Why was my supercharger low?

bluebird

I just had my mechanic do my plugs and wires and a few other things. He told me that the supercharger oil was low, so he ordered the Ford SC oil. My SC took the whole bottle! :eek: What gives? Why/How do our SC's loose oil? What can I do to stop it? And How can I tell if its been damaged? Thanks for the help.

David Neibert said:
Replace the snout seal. Part# CR 7968 is the good one made of Viton.

David

is this something that I can do myself? I'm handy enough to do most basic tune-up type stuff.

bluebird said:
is this something that I can do myself? I'm handy enough to do most basic tune-up type stuff.

Yes...if you have the tools to remove and reinstall the pulley, changing the seal is easy.

David

jus get a 3 arm pulley puller. Make sure it's kinda big and not a small one, it won't work. oh forget it here's a link :D
Snout Replacement
Snout Replacement

Hope those help. I'm in the process of doing this too. Maybe i can take step by step pics of it for ya. I should be doing mine today or tommorrow. :cool:

titanium89scguy said:
what mechanic did u take it to?

Engine Tech Center in LP. Fort & Champaign. They have a guy there (Pete) who has experience with SC's. He's no XR7 Dave but he knows enough to keep from ******* up our cars.

if you need work done call John 1-313-350-8600 hes a reasonable guy he dated my neighbors daughter and now hes fixing my car he does the work on the side so it takes longer but i feel safe letting him rip apart my baby he uses his friends garage in allen park on ecorse by pelham

titanium89scguy said:
if you need work done call John 1-313-350-8600 hes a reasonable guy he dated my neighbors daughter and now hes fixing my car he does the work on the side so it takes longer but i feel safe letting him rip apart my baby he uses his friends garage in allen park on ecorse by pelham

Ok, I'll give him a shout next time. The timing isnt that important cuz I normally get work done while I'm on a biz trip or something.

is oil on inside of blower case minw did this it was the inner seals still have to send to wynn for a set im using alternet setup right now

i JUST did mine yesterday by myself. It was really easy. I used self sinking screws and they went in a little over 1/8" until i got a good grip on the seal. then i just used a flathead and pried up on the screw and it came right out. Then i pushed the new one in and used a peice of pipe and popped it in until i could get the retainer clip back in and good to go. It went pretty smooth. The worst part was getting the pulley off and that was easy with a pulley puller. Good luck. When i was taking out the seal you could see the oil leaking. The new one is AWESOME. nice lookin' seal. I only paid $5.77/tax for my VITON seal. Part # CR7968... I wish i had pics for ya :rolleyes:

Back