sweet mother of crap! my tbirds trunk is full of water!

darkstar_one

holy crap, its raining like a motha, and i popped my t birds trunk to get a spare rotor i had to throw on top of the roof of the patio to hold down the metal sheets and i open it and its covered in about a foot and half of water! how the **** does this happen? ive never had problems with it before

Darkstar, sounds like your trunk seal is maybe bad. That is a LOT of rain you guys are getting down there!
Hey manny, this isn't my fault. I was just kidding about sending down that rain. :eek: :p

that thing will hold water like a bathtub too! i left some ice in my cooler after going to the track and it leaked in to the bottom of the trunk. i had to bail the water out there's nowhere for it to drain.

Drill A Hole

Drill a nice size hole in the well and buy a rubber seal (homedepot, PepBoys) to keep in plugged. The best place to get a trunk seal I found was from the junkyard. Just be careful when you pull it off.

Last edited:
i noticed when a gallon of antifreeze broke in my trunk that it will slowly drip out through where under the spare tire sits, u see it dropping under the car

no all, i see is the water just sitting there doing nothing, i already tried screaming at it, punching it, kicking it, and it still doesnt wanna leave!

Get you some heater hose and siphon it out then get your shop vac and pull the rest of the water out with that.

Or you get an ice pick and punch a bunch of holes in the spare tire well and let it drain out. :D

You haven't been "looking" at another vehicle, have you?

Like maybe a 2002 SPORT TRAC!!!!!!!

There's a large oval plug at the bottom of the trunk below the spare tire. It's held on by two metal tabs that, if I remember correctly, are accessed from under the car. Be sure to replace it when you are done or exhaust gases will enter the car.

darkstar_one said:
..i already tried screaming at it, punching it, kicking it, and it still doesnt wanna leave!
Perhaps you need to throw in some Mr Bubble and invite my ex-wife over. That water will run out of there quicker than Rosie O'Donnell at a NRA Convention. :p

My '92 just has a simple rubber plug in the bottom of the spare tire well. My trunk leaks as well although not bad enough to prompt me to fix it.

I can believe screaming at it and punching it didnt work, I think you lying about kicking it though, that ALWAYS works. My suggestion, try kicking it again, if that doesnt work, pull the plug and PM me about a trunk seal. :D

I wouldnt light a fire, what if its gas and the fuel filler neck was leaking and leaked into the trunk, try a small spark, anything bigger would make a huge fire, if it does burn shut the trunk ASAP!!

NCredSC said:
Get hold of "specops SC" (Moses) and see if he can part that water for you. :D :eek: :rolleyes:

David

very funny david!! :D im havin trouble with mine too. thanks to my dad for slamming my trunk lid down repeatedly on a monitor he put in there and didnt quite fit. somewhere along the line the left hinge slipped and now the front left corner of the lid pops out and lets water in and i've been to busy to adjust it back. at least he didnt bend the trunk lid it self though. :rolleyes: if i did have that much water in there, id just get it out with a shop vac.

Moses

Last edited:
No no no, you guys are going about it the hard way.. Like I said earlier....

BobGPz said:
Perhaps you need to throw in some Mr Bubble and invite my ex-wife over. That water will run out of there quicker than Rosie O'Donnell at a NRA Convention. :p

If that doesn't work, she ..ughhh how do I say.. "works" better than a shop vac.. :p

Back