93sc engine

TC88

i've heard that the 1993 sc motor is all by itself. is that right? if i go to replace this motor do i need to only use another 93 motor or can i use any other year but just change over my 93 parts. Has anyone ever used a new motor from ford? or would i just be better off rebuilding mine. i would like to keep it stock for now,after i see how this handles then i can do more with it. any help would be appreciated.

I've used a reman from Ford & it seems to be working great. As long as they don't put it in, then it's not a bad deal. If they do it, they'll rape you for labor. You get a 3 year warranty with the reman's now. And they work just as well as a home rebuild. The best part was the warranty. I had a fire under the hood about a year after I put mine in (trans related causes), and I decided to swap out bottom ends for a fresh one since I had it pulled anyway. And they took it back & gave me another new one.

And as Dave said, just give them the year, all the 89-93's were the same in the motor. ... And I think it only cost about $1,500 for my bottom end.

Anthony

I wish. Although I don't know if I would chance it. Chris is the only one I heard that made a 4.2 crank work. I'll keep the stocker for now. Seems to be holding up just fine.

Anthony

Back