A question for those who have rebuilt their own M5R2's

Andy 94SC

I just went through mine last night. I almost have it back together, but I have a question about the small plastic "funnel" cap thingy that fits into the bore in the output housing.

The manual says "Pay attention to the orientation of the tab when removing the funnel for re-assembly." However when I pulled the case apart the funnel stuck to the shaft rather than in the housing, I didn't see which groove the tab is supposed to be in.

Does anyone know? THe manual doesn't say, and the diagrams don't show the tab.

I've done these a bunch of times but I'm not sure what piece you're talking about. Can you look at the exploded view and give me the #?

Mike Puckett said:
I've done these a bunch of times but I'm not sure what piece you're talking about. Can you look at the exploded view and give me the #?

I can't find a diagram online that shows the part. I think I figured it out, Once I looked closely at the funnel it had a dirty streak where the oil ran down it. If I set it so the streak went down like gravity would pull it, the tab lined up with a slot, so I went with that.

Ii is the plastic cap, that fits into the tailshaft housing, in the bore where the end of the counter shaft goes.

I found it, #130, countershaft oil funnel. Mine's always stayed in the housing. The diagram shows it with the nipple end sticking toward the front.

Mike Puckett said:
I found it, #130, countershaft oil funnel. Mine's always stayed in the housing. The diagram shows it with the nipple end sticking toward the front.

I've got the nipple side towards the front. The question I had was about the small tab sticking out the side, and which groove it was supposed to be in. IE stright up at 12:00 or rotated back to 10:00 O'clock....

The instuctions said to pay attention to which it was in and reinstall in the same groove. But as I said, mine stuck to the shaft and got turned before I realized what had happened.

Back