Tranny problems

boltman

Transmission studders when upshifting.......like it can't make up its mind to shift or not?!? Not a problem during hard acceleration but noticable during normal driving and going slow through traffic.

boltman said:
Transmission studders when upshifting.......like it can't make up its mind to shift or not?!? Not a problem during hard acceleration but noticable during normal driving and going slow through traffic.
I had a similar problem with my 94 v8, It would always work fine if you heavy on the gas, but if i was normal cruising it would act up. I had to put in a "new" used tranny. The new tranny wouldn't studder, but waited way to long to upshift. I put the "speed sensor" (not sure of it's technical name) from the tail of the old tranny into the new one, and the problem is solved. I bought the tranny for $300 from the boneyard, didn't think that was bad at all

boltman said:
As with any problem on an AOD check the cable.

I agree with Alan, it sounds like the TV cable is loose or has fallen off. Check to make sure that it's still attached to the throttle body linkage.

David

Back