1995 SC needs help! Pics (I hope)

Nate93

Here's the problem (See Ductape.jpg). It's called a garbage bag duct taped over my sunroof since it got stuck to the rear on my way to my honeymoon.

I asked how to manually close it on the forums and people said to take the cover off of the sun roof motor over the rear seat and there would be a place for a Ford manual window crank to manually put the glass foreward. However I can't find a place for a window crank and have no idea what to do to close this thing. (See Controls.jpg for a view of my sunroof motor)

I would VERY much appreciate it if someone would rescue me from the inevitable flood of water that bag is going to dump into my car.

Thanks,
Nate

PS: Why can't I paste pictures into this post box? I had to just attach them. How do people get pics in their posts. Thanks for your time.

Attachments

• Ductape.jpg
    Ductape.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 126
  • Controls.jpg
    Controls.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 156
According to the manual, you need to first remove the motor and bracket assembly in order to expose the splined shaft of the moonroof drive gear box. Then use the window crank on the splined shaft.

Files on your computer can only be attached. Images that are URL links can be "pasted" in the post.

J.D. said:
According to the manual, you need to first remove the motor and bracket assembly in order to expose the splined shaft of the moonroof drive gear box. Then use the window crank on the splined shaft.

Files on your computer can only be attached. Images that are URL links can be "pasted" in the post.

HAHHAHAHAH OMG im an idiot. ever since i bought the car i looked at the goofy bump in the back and wondered what it was, came to the easy thought that maybe it was a light console for the back in the LX's maybe or something like that. Makes a hell of alot more sense that its the controls for the sunroof, some reason i didnt even think about it. Thats what happens when the blasted thing works like its supposed to, but for how long? anyways, sorry to steal the thread...thought i would give u guys something to laugh about.

Oh Yea....J.D. is right. You have to take the motor out to get to the shaft to crank it back.

Man, It freakin' poured up here north of you in Vancouver (Portland). I guess MannySC is sending me back the rain. :p Hope you got that fixed as I dont think that plastic bag will hold for long.
Your car is pizzzad at you for, not only getting hitched, but taking your new wife on a honeymoon and using the car to take you. :D Boy will your car give you trouble now! :D

Thanks

Thanks for the help guys. I'll suppose I'll try to take the motor out tomorrow. The bag and tape worked from Dec. 11 (my wedding day) through the 31st. Not bad, but I had to redo it on the 31st, and it's so nice, I might want to leave it like this for a while... or not!

Anyway, thanks for the help.

Nate

Back