35th Pass side window switch fail...........

tbirdsc35th

Hello, everyone.
Just thought I would pass along a tip. I recently had the passenger side interior window switch quit working although the driver side worked fine. I removed the switch assembly (it also contains the door lock switch) from the door panel and then GENTLY pryed the switch housing from the switch base. Found out the switch uses a set of points (???) to actuate up or down for the passenger. The points were a bit burned, sort of like the old points might get in a 60's 289 distributor. I just used a small file to clean the contacts, reassembled the switch and everything works fine now. If you do this, just be VERY careful when you are prying the switch housing from the base at the four retaining areas. That plastic is thin and could break. I hope this may help someone with a similar problem. It's very inconvenient to have a dead passenger window switch and the fix is free.

I hope everyone in the SC world has the best year yet in 2005. Give my best to all of you and your families. Happy New Year, SCCoA.

Back