Poboy intake pipe - YOU can do this - *pic

tbird88

Used some 3" aluminized muffler pipe from the MAF body to the throttle body, worked out pretty good. Has around a 7-8 degree kink in it. Since it's aluminized, I then polished it and used chunks of an old rubber intake hose for connections. Pic below.

'bird

Far out huh?
mafpipe0198.jpg

does anyone else think that wynn is hopelesly addicted to polishing anything and everything aluminum he can get his hands on? :p looks pretty sharp by the way. how much did you end up spending?

Thanks for the flowers! It was compression-bent on a machine, came out nice because of the particular jaws that were used. I have 2 more but didn't use the right jaws so they're marked up pretty bad on the sides of the bend.
It was done on a 5" radius so it's not "crushed" very much on the inside of the bend. Think I oughta stick 'em in the upcoming "ghetto trinkets" section of my webpage?

:p

'bird

lola1218040228.jpg

specops_SC said:
does anyone else think that wynn is hopelesly addicted to polishing anything and everything aluminum he can get his hands on? :p looks pretty sharp by the way. how much did you end up spending?
Hmm...any ideas what the hood support shock thingies are made of????? If nuthin' else, how about covering them with that chrome muffler patch tape stuff? Wonder how much muffler tape it would take to do the fan shroud?

:D

'bird

Looks good Wynn

You should offer that intake tube in your product line
Maybe offer them at 40-50 Im sure you would sell a bunch of them This would be nice for people that would like to get rid of that Ugly rubber tube

Conan56 said:
You should offer that intake tube in your product line
Maybe offer them at 40-50 Im sure you would sell a bunch of them This would be nice for people that would like to get rid of that Ugly rubber tube
Well, if they pester me for dyno figures I'm gonna sik 'em on you. :D

By the way, that ugly rubber pipe seems to absorb a little of the blower intake noise, the metal pipe doesn't. I run a 7" cone and can really tell the difference in sound level between the rubber vs metal.

'bird

Last edited:
cowtown said:
I'd buy one too if they weren't too badly priced.
They're on my website, not sure what shipping would be to Canada though. I'll have to look into that.

Hey, you ever run across that guy about 40 miles north of Calgary that I mentioned?

'bird

Back