TPS Qeustion/Help

GMJ

Hello, I have a 90 SC. I could a little help. I installed a new 70 BBK TB using stock TPS and Idle bypass valve. OK here's the deal, The car will not start unless I unplug the TPS, it will then start and run rough about 550rpm (normal is 800) and the car has delayed throtle responce. After the car is running I plug the TPS in the idle will jump to 1050-1100 and will not come down. All the settings on the TB are set to the lowest setting. The car except for the high idle will run and perform fine. The TPS and the Idle bypass valve have been replaced twice with new parts. Also I'm getting a 23 code which is TPS voltage out of range. Any help would be great THANK YOU.

I have a 70mm throttlebody and my screw holes that hold the TPS in posistion are way off which results in an improper TPS setting and that will cause your problem. I'm not saying that all 70mm throttlebody's have this problem but its something you should check out.
Look and see if the wire connection portion of the TPS is now pointing slightly down towards your valve cover, thats the way mine is.

Back