custom sub encloser?

89SCNJ

Has anyone mounted subs on the "shelf" behind the rear seats were the third brake light is? I bought my SC yesterday and it has cut outs for 2 12"s and 4 6"x9" 's i wanna fill in the 2 12"s and just put new wood innt he 6x9 holes. What i wanna know is will it sound good? Only cars ive put subs in are all hatchbacks and they sounded great so im assuming this car would sound just as good since its about as big as a hatch lol. My dad and i are gonna build a custom box to mount to the bottom of that shelf thing. if it will sound good

I have found that the best thing to do with nearly every trunk car is to build an enclosure and fire the subs to the rear of the trunk. You pick up several Db's in the lower octaves. I have two Boston Pro 12" subs in my SC in a sealed enclosure firing backwards. They go really low and are very tight. I am running a JL Audion 500/1 on them for power which doesn't hurt.

Robert Kohlman said:
I have found that the best thing to do with nearly every trunk car is to build an enclosure and fire the subs to the rear of the trunk. You pick up several Db's in the lower octaves. I have two Boston Pro 12" subs in my SC in a sealed enclosure firing backwards. They go really low and are very tight. I am running a JL Audion 500/1 on them for power which doesn't hurt.

My friend has that done in his mark VII and they sound ok. but are very muffled by the seat. he has 3 jl audio 10's dunno the output or amp he uses though

Back