Power Steering Leak Found! Now A Question!

darkstar_one

Okay, i found the power steering fluid leak, its coming from the DRIVERS side TIE rod end on the rack and pinion thing, its leaking from the CV BOOT! What should i do... seeing as how i have time on my hands, should i:

A) Buy a RACK AND PINION and replace the old one?

B) Buy a SEAL KIT from ROCK AUTO and try to replace the seals?

thanx everyone, i might *** well replace the POWER STEERING PUMP also if ima replace the RACK and PINION, but anyways i need some advice... thanx

Put a new rack in it and be done. The internal parts have alot of wear on them and you'll only end up replacing it after you install the new seals and it pukes on you.

hmm... interesting..... i see... i think i am gonna raplace the damn thing, well its pretty kool cuz im getting for 85 bucks with core, so, i have the manual in handy, and it seems pretty simple, so i think ima do it...

yes im pretty damn sure, its cuz i work at a SHELL SERVICE STATION, and the owner knows i like cars and since it has a GARAGE to work on cars he hooked it up with the PARTS CENTER and i am able to buy stuff for way cheaper then wha a normal customer pays for :D

Back