Where do these go..help needed fast

mlbuxbaum

Hey all
Doing my HG replacment with Fel-Pro kit HS-9642 PT and it comes with "intake and exhaust valve stem seals" Where the heck do they go? I'm doing this RIGHT now and am stuck till I figure this out. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP !!

mlbuxbaum said:
Hey all
Doing my HG replacment with Fel-Pro kit HS-9642 PT and it comes with "intake and exhaust valve stem seals" Where the heck do they go? I'm doing this RIGHT now and am stuck till I figure this out. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP !!
ok I dont know if you pulling my leg but here goes they go under the valve spring retainers, you must use a valve spring remover to do this once the spring is offf the seals are on valvestems , remove them sometimes hard so you may have to get tough with them

If you remove the valve springs.You will see the seal around the valve stem.
You slide the valves seals on the valve guide.Them push the valve back
through the valve guide.The seal seals the valve stem.

There is a tool to use to tap the seal onto the top of the valve guide.
But you can just press on by hand.But the tool does slightly crimp
the seal onto the valve guide.

RANDY

mlbuxbaum said:
Hey all
The valve stem seals are what seal the valves in the head. unless you brought your heads into a shop, or you were having any oil burning problems, you can just throw them out. good luck with the rest of the project.

jnpmismash said:
The valve stem seals are what seal the valves in the head. unless you brought your heads into a shop, or you were having any oil burning problems, you can just throw them out. good luck with the rest of the project.
no! no! no! save them they make good thembles or you can mount them over your anteana

Thanks for the input

I figured they went on the actual valves but I didn't remove them so I don't need them, but they will go in my bag of extra parts for my birds.

When you have your heads resurfaced (recommended) The shop should be able to swap those for ya.

Back