did a baseline test now what?

walter89

ran a 15.7 at stock now what?

Hi. Iv'e got a 89 SC Auto. I took it out to the track yesterday and did a couple runs. My best time was a 15.7 @ 87 mph. The only mods I have done to it was put on a custom exhaust. What other mods would you consider doing to get me into the mid 13's to high 12's?

Last edited:
walter89 said:
Hi. Iv'e got a 89 SC Auto. I took it out to the track yesterday and did a couple runs. My best time was a 15.7 @ 87 mph. The only mods I have done to it was put on a custom exhaust. What other mods would you consider doing to get me into the mid 13's to high 12's?

well hope you got some money here goes
intake, maf, tb, MP inlet plenum, MP II blower, blower top, front mount intercooler, 180 t-stat, fuel injectors, fuel pump, sticky tires, 55 pulley, underdrive pulleys, and a chip either an eec tuner or a scp chip both work well, and get a shift kit..... and im sure there is more

aplvlydrtybird said:
well hope you got some money here goes
intake, maf, tb, MP inlet plenum, MP II blower, blower top, front mount intercooler, 180 t-stat, fuel injectors, fuel pump, sticky tires, 55 pulley, underdrive pulleys, and a chip either an eec tuner or a scp chip both work well, and get a shift kit..... and im sure there is more
hey thanks for the info. im pretty sure im not gunna be able to get these all at one time but im pretty sure ill have most of it with in the next couple of years. also would the mods be less extensive if i had a coy miller stage II engine put in. i got one last year and havent had the time to put it in but should this summer. thanks

shoot, i forgot about the lower end most important part, well if you have the stage II engine then you should get all the mods and have one hell of a car... slowly work your way there, if you lived in minnesota id come help ya put htat engine in. also very important when you swap engines.....you must throw a torque converter in there, it will really help you, also throw some 3.73's in the rear.

thanks keith for the info on the engine swap. like u said on doing the mods slowly thats pry what im gunna have to do. pretty too darn expensive all at once. i should have that engine in by summer. thanks keith

andrew

walter89 said:
thanks keith for the info on the engine swap. like u said on doing the mods slowly thats pry what im gunna have to do. pretty too darn expensive all at once. i should have that engine in by summer. thanks keith

andrew

yea once you take it all apart and get that engine it the rest will be easy, like disassembling things and what not, cause you've done it before, our cars arent that hard to work on just got a few extra things here and there. got any more questions shoot em off, or give me an e-mail if ya want at keithmcteeth@hotmail.com . good luck with your project man. or shoot me a IM on aol if you got it, im black91sc

Last edited:
Yeah, I'd say just mod the crap outta it. With my 3.8 I ran 15.4-15.5's at 88MPH. You should blow me away.

Back