intercooler pipe needs to get off

TwoToneThunder

ok guys trying to change my plugs and i want to take the pipe that says supercharged on it off so i loosened the top and the 2 bolts holding the pipe to the black thing and it wiggles but it wont come off
is there another bolt or what!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i even tried calling it bitch to but didnt help

Im pretty sure there's a stud on a bracket under the intercooler tube where the tube meets the intercooler. You can unbolt the bracket but the lazy man's way is to just get a 4 or 5mm socket slip it on the stud and take it out of there. Just remember to "lose" it when you put everything back together. Good luck peace, phil

Once you get the four bolts out of the top and the two nuts off the IC there's a 15mm nut on a 7mm stud under the "D" in supercharged.

Just wait till you want to pull the lower IC tube off.. :rolleyes: There's two brackets on that one. One under the P/S Pump, and another that is accessable from under the car and through the K-frame. :rolleyes:

you dont need to take off anything to do the driversside plugs and wires...just go from underneath, all you need is a small extension and maybe a pliers to get the boot off if its sticky...but thats just my way of doing it

aplvlydrtybird said:
you dont need to take off anything to do the driversside plugs and wires...just go from underneath, all you need is a small extension and maybe a pliers to get the boot off if its sticky...but thats just my way of doing it

Yeah, what Keith said. If you are just changing the plugs, you do not need to remove anything from the driver's side. The driver-side plugs can all be reached from underneath.

Back