SC motor mounts

ebodycab

Looks like it's time to replace motor mounts on my 89SC...does anyone know if the mounts offered by MN12 and SCperformance are made by same manufacturer? Thanks!

no the ones from MN12 are different, i believe the only difference is the HEIGHT and price, MN12 are a lil bit higher and SC PERFORMANCE are stock height but way more expensive, no big difference...

Check out Autozone. You can get the fluid filled for $40 each, or the solid rubber for $20 each. I got the fluids a couple of months ago. Hopefully they will last me a while, we'll see.

When you start on it, you'll have to remove the starter and the knock sensor to do the right side, and unbolt the exhaust and the steering linkage and push the column BACK towards the steering wheel to do the left side. Leave your steering wheel and tires straight when you do the job, to keep them matched up when you put it back together. The job will take a while, but it's not a HUGE deal.

This is just a little hint from a guy that did it from scratch taking, SIGH, about 15 total hours for both mounts to figure it out. I could probably do it again in a few hours, I just wouldn't want to. Make sure you tell Autozone it's for the SC and not the standard T-Bird. I noticed a WORLD of difference in both ride and performance. But, then again, my left mount was TRASHED. Good luck.

Alan

Last edited:
If you are making any kind of power at all, the solid motor mounts will last longer than the fluid-filled ones. The ones that SCP and MN12 are selling are both solid, if that tells you anything.

Back