Attn; anyone who wants MAC stuff!!!

lazybird4pt6

This just in! The guy who owns MAC CANADA is re-tiring(???)! If you want anything, get it before it's too late. When we have to start dealing with the US counterparts it's gonna get REALLY expensive! I just found out today after inquiring about some MAC goodies. Boy, that sucks!

I'm not surprised he's retiring, the way he gets treated by the U.S. supplier. The last few times I had phoned him to order stuff or check on availability I could just hear the exasperation in his voice. He never knew what items he would be getting in the shipments, which were always 2 or 3 weeks behind schedule. I felt sorry for the poor guy. I better call him on Tuesday to see if he has any stuff on the shelf I should be ordering in. If anybody has any specific requests, let me know.

cheers
Ed N.

Ed,

What about those MAC short tube headers that some of the US guys have been finding are nearly a direct bolt-on for our cars??? Were they for the '99 and up 'Stangs or what? Maybe I'd be interested in grabbing a set of those. What do they charge for the MAC 70mm or 75mm TB for the Mustangs? If it's one that would work on the SuperCoupes after swapping the linkage, and the price is right, then I might be interested in one of those too.

Find out what you can for us, Ed, please?!

Cheers,

Sean

Sean, the 99-up Stang headers are what I was thinking about as well. Last time I checked they were about $420 CDN retail price. Have to see if they have some available up here. As for throttle bodies, I believe MAC only has the 86-93 5.0 style, what we need is the 94-95 5.0 piece which can be adapted. I'll confirm that as well.

cheers
Ed N.

I have 2 sets of stock 94-95 V6 headres available, they are just as good as the MAC shorty headers, they are not manifolds but actual headers with a collector unlike the 99-up stock headers. The 99-up guys like ot switch over to the 94-98 style headers cause they flow better. Supposedly they flow well up to 300HP, best stock header FORD made I have also been told but I am no analyst. If anyone is interested let me know.

Hang on to one set Jamie I may be VERY interested in them. I have heard that those things are damned near like the MAC shorties and you don;t have to hammer the snot out of one side to get it to fit past the steering linkage.

No problem Les, on the V6 Mustang site we tell guys not to bother with MAC shorties since they are no better then the stock 94-98 headers, not worth the money to buy them, but the long tubes are worth it for sure, but thats no help to you SC guys. Let me know Les, you could borrow a set and try to test fit them if you like then we can go from there.

On a Bird or Cougar, the collector has to be cut and rotated, then welded back on to clear the steering with the 94 - 98 headers. Also, using stock ones, I think you're into the same issue as our factory cast manifolds, the collector flange will not seal up against anything larger than a 2-1/4" pipe. I have to check on the flange sizing of the MACs.

cheers
Ed N.

Good point Ed, I just asked a buddy who has them, he used them on his custom turbo setup, cut and welded them blah blah blah, but he said they are AT LEAST 3 inch

The MAC air intake kits for an SC list for $300.00 CDN. We've been selling them discounted 10%, or for the full price if you want to substitute stainless mounting hardware and banded hose clamps for the silicone hose couplings. I'll have to see if MAC Canada has any more coming in ... last time I spoke with them, they had just sent us out one kit, that's all they had to sell. And Ryan Harris already grabbed it for his car. Have to get back to you about that.

cheers
Ed N.

Ed, call him on Tuesday (if you can get a hold of him) 'cuz I can't say that this is a for-sure thing (although I wouldn't doubt it). If i'd talked to him myself i'd say it's true, but you know how the "broken telephone" works. Might be a good idea to post a reply regarding this matter. I don't want to be responsible for people blowing $ they don't have because I may have misinformed everyone. Know what I mean?

Ed: Wanna see how much you can get the intake for? And will I be able to use a 76mm maf, and 75mm tb on it?

It will be a matter of seeing if I can get an intake kit at all, let alone the pricing on it. As of about 10 days ago, they had no more SC kits and couldn't tell me when they were getting more of them.

The MAC kit will work with a 70 or 75 mm t.b., not sure about the 76 MAF though. Is that a C&L piece ? If it will hook to stock piping, the MAC would go on it too. I have a Pro-M Bullet 75 MAF on my car with the MAC kit, no problem fitting that together.

As I said, when I'm back to work next week I will try to speak with Ed at MAC Canada and find out what the scoop is. Like the old saying goes, two Eds are better than one !! AARRGGH :rolleyes:

cheers
Ed N.

Yes Ed, the MAC works with my C&L 76mm MAF. I don't know of anyone else who makes Mustang MAF units that are 73 and 76mm, probably patented by C&L/Vortech.

Regarding the headers, aren't those the n/a 3.8L T-Bird tubular manifolds I was considering once upon a time? If so, I checked them out at a local wreckers, and the stock units are MUCH bigger in diameter and volume potential than those things, IMHO.

Anyway, they looked like the flange position was the same as the stock SCs, but I could be wrong. I certainly wouldn't bother, Les, if you have to start muckign around with those. They are stainless steel though, not cast iron, so no porting can be done to them.

What are the MAC headers made of?

Bill, how did we get on to N/A 3.8 T-Bird headers? I imagine they have the same limitation for pipe diameter where it would meet with the flange as any of the other factory tubular or cast manifolds. That's why I'm thinking the MAC Mustang headers may be more useful, if they're anything like the MAC headers for a 5.0, then a 2-1/2" pipe could be mated up with them. I don't think any of the factory tubular manifolds would be of much benefit over ported cast manifolds because of the requirement of 2-1/4" max. pipe diameter to seal up to the flanges.

cheers
Ed N.

Back