GRRR, this sucks, how do i remove the nuts holding the pulley on the M90 blower?

DMX

I have been trying for like an hour now, maybe i am doing something wrong.

I see a larger nut flush with the pulley itself, in front of that there is a smaller nut, i have been trying to hold the bigger nut still while trying to turn the smaller one......no luck.

Any ideas??

p.s. I did hit it with gumout spray lube.

edit : stupid spelling errors

Last edited:
I did mine with my dad. One persons holds the pully its self with a wrench and the other works on the retainer nut. Once the nut comes off then you'll need a 3-jaw puller to get the pully off. GO SLOWLY!!!!!!!!!! when you put on the new pully make sure the drive belt lines up then install the nut with some Loctite. When tightening the new pully on have someone hold the pully still with a belt. Torque to about 50lbs. Have Fun and GO SLOW!

Thanks, this pic should help show what i am talking about...
blower-pulley-view1.jpg

Are you saying that all i need to do is remove the "inner nut"?

What about the "outer nut" ?

just remove the littel nut on the end, the big nut is PART OF the pulley and can not be removed.

Thee inner is part of the pully. Its there so you can hold it still. The outer is what is holding it on. The pully is on a key-way. Need anymore help just ask.

Thanks for the help, i got the inner nut off last night, i am heading to autozone to grab a 3 jaw puller in a few mins.

I am not sure what you mean by "key way" though.

The key-way is the magical opening to Thunderbird land. Kind of like Wonderland..... only your not Alice.

No...no just kidding. The key-way it that groove in the blower shaft that the pully is attached on to. It ensures the pully goes on the correct way. Just don't mess the key-way up. Also if the puller will not fit over the coolant neck from the thermostat you my need to remove it. My puller was large enough to fit over it. When you put the new pully on tap it on lightly then use the nut to press the new pully in. Just make sure enough threads are showing so that you can avoid stripping the first thread on the shaft. That could really screw up the situation. Later!

Thanks again for all the help, it took all of 2 minutes to get it off :)

Now on to the machine shop!................. (the saga continutes)

Back