PDA

View Full Version : Thunderbird Hood?

91blackthunda
01-04-2005, 08:21 PM
its aggravating when they do not make any hoods for cougars, i was wanting to know if a hood for a 97 thunderbird will fit on a 97 cougar, bc then i can get an after market hood for my cougar if anyone knows i would love to get some info.

68COUGAR
01-05-2005, 07:09 AM
its aggravating when they do not make any hoods for cougars, i was wanting to know if a hood for a 97 thunderbird will fit on a 97 cougar, bc then i can get an after market hood for my cougar if anyone knows i would love to get some info.
I've wondered about this myself many times. You'd have to buy the T-bird hood, then take it to a REALLY GOOD "glass man" (and by GOOD, I Don't mean a regular collision repairman!!!!!!) to have it modified. He'd also need your Cougar hood, for reference, because he is going to have to custom fabricate the whole front center section of the glass hood. For that you need a guy who Specializes in designing custom glass body panels.

68COUGAR

8ate8
01-05-2005, 11:40 PM
Hood is interchangable between the 96/97 birds and cougars. only difference is you'd have to remount the grill to the new hood.