Two quick questions

fastfordfan1

Hey all,
Question one:
Do I have to change belt lengths when I put my 5% pulley on, or is there enough play in the tensioner?

Question two:
I have a very irritating squeak in my front shocks/springs when I hit bumps, can someone tell me what this is?

Thanks a ton

fastfordfan1 said:
Hey all,
Question one:
Do I have to change belt lengths when I put my 5% pulley on, or is there enough play in the tensioner?

Question two:
I have a very irritating squeak in my front shocks/springs when I hit bumps, can someone tell me what this is?

Thanks a ton

1) 94-95 yes, 89-93 maybe not
2) I have been told what that is before, it is common, lower control arm bushing or something, not sure

fastfordfan1 said:
Sorry, the car is a 90. Squeaks worse when it is cold out.

If it's a scrunching sound that is worse when cold, it's most likely the upper control arm bushings. It easier to just replace the entire upper control arm assembly instead of trying to change the bushings. Autozone sells them and they aren't very expensive.

The stock belt will usually be fine with a 5 or 10% pulley if the tensioner is in good shape. For a little added tension, get some Dayco steel tensioner pulleys. They have a little larger diameter than the plastic stock pulleys.

David

Back