PDA

View Full Version : 11 days till Winter run and MSR

blue92
01-05-2005, 02:44 AM
11 days till Winter run (Jan 15th) and MSR (Jan 16th). Here's some pics of our fall run we just had out of Bandera, Tx. in Oct.

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/761560

We are meeting for the winter run in the parking lot of Ridgmar Mall, west parking lot next to Neimans. Would be great to at least get a great lineup pic of some T-birds out there even if you guys don't do the run. We will meet at 10am. :D

ilusnforc
01-08-2005, 03:11 PM
How many SC's are planning on attending??

Also... Don, do you have a count on all Thunderbirds/Cougars planning on showing up?

If there's some Thunderbirds going, I might see if I can make it...

focus
01-08-2005, 04:03 PM
Andy, were you planning for both events?

I'm not sure if any Birds are registered to participate at MSR... however I plan on spectating, although I'll be alittle late, that darn work thing... I also heard from another SC and 5.0 that will be there spectating as well.

The 5.0 and I are also planning to make the Winter Fun Run as well...

Hope to see you there...

blue92
01-08-2005, 05:19 PM
Andy, for the winter run I'm not sure to how many birds plan on showing. I have been speaking to a Mark8 guy that sayes he's going to be there. Unlike the Bandera run there isn't a bunch of rocky roads so you don't have to worry about rock chips.

The MSR event is full but you can spectate and probably get a ride with someone on the lead and follows. If Jack the owner of the track is there you can probably get ride with him (he likes to showoff his stuff). :D

blue92
01-08-2005, 06:00 PM
Just a reminder to all that plan on making the winter run to make sure to bring your FRS 2-way radios along. ALSO make sure you have a full tank of gas, that's a full tank before you hit the mall.

OK see you guys there.

:D

TbirdSCFan
01-10-2005, 11:38 AM
Hi gents... I'm still working on the HGs. Taking about three times as long as I thought it would.. but I don't suppose I really needed to repaint my valve covers. ;) Anyways, I've got about 8 hours left to go if the weather cooperates. I'm still planning on coming out to MSR, just not sure what I'll be driving yet. :confused:

TbirdSCFan
01-13-2005, 02:48 PM
Finally got finished with the HGs and reassembly.. Now I just have to get a heater hose leak fixed and I should be long range driveable. I haven't had time to so much as wipe the grease prints off the fenders yet, and looks like I'll be tied up at work some on Saturday and Sunday.

So, I probably won't be able to do the fun run, but I plan to drop by and will bring the SC in whatever amount of grime is on it.

As far as Sunday, is there a suggest meeting time at MSR?

focus
01-13-2005, 04:47 PM
I think the drivers meeting begins at 12:15pm Sunday... Since I'm working that morning and spectating at MSR, I'll be running alittle late... I'll also bring the TxTCCoA shirts...

See ya'll this weekend...

TbirdSCFan
01-15-2005, 01:47 PM
It took Green Oaks blvd and gave me a location in Arlington... Ridgmar mall is wayyyy over on the other side of Fort Worth. :confused: That's why I didn't make it..

Stopped at numerous gas stations and drove up/down I30 for a while before I finally found it. Next time I'll ask for directions before driving off :(

Oh well, maybe see you gents on Sunday.

focus
01-15-2005, 07:59 PM
Just got back home... decided to rest up abit since I have work in the am and plan to head over to MSR afterwards...

We finished the run a little early and several were thinking about meeting back up later at the Fox and Hound in Fort Worth... You guys have fun tonite and I'll catchya tomorrow at MSR.

Rick, I too have had some problems with Mapquest.... this time I used Yahoo maps to locate... but I had been there before and had a general recollection where it was... I used the address posted over at TCCoA and Fordbastards Forums which specified Fort Worth though... Sorry for the confusion...

I'm not sure the grand total of SHO's, several, plus a Maurader, Mustang Cobra, Mark VIII, and my Supercoupe.

I believe several T-birds will be at MSR tomorrow around noon however I'm heading over after work and will probably be at least an hour late... SEE YA THERE...

focus
01-16-2005, 11:53 PM
Hey Don, It just hit me... the Harley Davidson Edition F100 wasn't out there today... I guess he cancelled in advance? Or did he run a different vehicle?

For those who didn't make it out to MSR, yessss it was cold... Participants included 10 or so SHO's, 4-5 Mauraders, 3-4 Mustangs, Vette, 280 & 240 Z's, Miata, and several others... also in attendance but spectating were Blubird's 91 T-Bird 5.0, Kevinade's Mark VIII, my 90 Anny SC, and Doug Franklin. We had it all, fast laps... sounds of power... whinning blowers... spin-outs... a blown engine complete with fire and tons of smoke...

Doug Franklin
01-17-2005, 06:25 AM
Yea everyone would have loved to see that Maurader BLOW. Wish I had been driving it. Man said he had a stock motor under that SC pushing almost 500HP. An SC engine would not have done that.

Been a long time since I have posted. Guys not attanding just for the watch missed a real show. Best spin I ever saw at MSR with the Vette. One guy had his car break so he rented a Cavilear. Ran good but while parked waiting for last session oil started pouring out of it. Just like a Chevy. Lot of those guys did not raise their hoods to cool things off in between sessions and noticed those guys had the trouble. Like the White Mustang. He was gone and steam was pouring out between fender and hood.

Just the look on everyones face when they came in and all the hooping and hollering was worth the watch.http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/cowboy7.gif

Doug Franklin
01-17-2005, 06:27 AM
It took Green Oaks blvd and gave me a location in Arlington... Ridgmar mall is wayyyy over on the other side of Fort Worth. :confused: That's why I didn't make it..

Stopped at numerous gas stations and drove up/down I30 for a while before I finally found it. Next time I'll ask for directions before driving off :(

Oh well, maybe see you gents on Sunday.

Oh yea anything saying Green Oaks is difficult. Believe there are 3 total in Tarrant County.

Sorry didn't see ya.