cobra brake upgrades how-to ?

SHEPP

Wasn't there a how-to somewhere, i've done quite a few searches on the different boards but cant find the one i remember or was looking for. I can recall a step by step with detailed pics, even showing grinding points required to make everything fit perfect, indicating what bolts are required (something about banjo bolts correct ones), and other needed details.

I'm just trying gather everything (everything) and have it done before i start the conversion.

so far i have:

95 SC, 18's, cobra calipers, caliper mounting brackets, front 13" rotors, front pads, 12" rear rotors, SC rear calipers, rear SC pads, need rear bracket for calipers, need stencil for dual bolt pattern (current rotors are 4.5 want 4.5/4.25)

what else am I missing or need? :confused:

That's not a Cobra upgrade but simply the twin piston PBR calipers used on the 2000 Mustang GT - they happen to fit our spindles and 10.86" stock rotors. There are however various other upgrade kits (incl' the PBRs) on the SCP and MN12 web sites; but I recall the only detailed install article is actually on the TCCOA site. And yes, you just have to grind off about 1/8" on either the passenger side caliper (where the banjo bolt screws in) or the banjo block itself (on the end of the hose). I have them on both my '93 & '94 and they definitely work better, plus the rotors go longer before warping. Just remember to use less torque on the banjo bolts because the caliper threads are alum. If I recall correctly the stock ones are around 45 ft. lbs; so say only tighten to 35. It's an M10x1.0 fine thread and not easy to find a helicoil to fix.

Back