Drove the SC Mustang tongiht

V6Sprout

Well, I finally got the car ready enough to take it for a spin, it was around 11:30pm or so when I actually left the driveway. The car is super loud soI didn't want to punch the throttle too much in town and didn't want to venture too far away from home so late at night just in case.

I got down the street adn around the corner and the car was running fine. Then all of a sudden it seemed to have lost power and stalled out on me. Not sure why. I fired her back up, took a few cranks but she started back up. After that for the ffirst minute of so it would hesitate every now and then and want to stall out but then kick back in and run fine. No idea what this is so thats the main reason why I did not go too far from home.

Car pulls pretty good, a lot harder then my old N/A motor thats for sure. I could spin the tires with only part throttle no problemand spun then into 2nd without trying. :) I did see up to about 6-7 PSI boost at one time but not sure if I was at WOT or not. ON the vacuum side of things I saw anywheres from 10-20 PSI.

Got a question though, while accelerating lightly do you guys see boost? I saw about 1 PSI boost while accelerating but once I was at crusing speed it showed vacuum around 12-15 PSI, is this normal? At one point I was accelerating and it read 0, no boost no vacuum, but quickly changed at I sped up more. Guage is working fine too.

Over all I am pretty pleased, the motor is loud as well, the buzzing sound is coing from my IC hoses, I put my ear up to the rubber IC hose and could hear the buzzing noise, I think once I switch over to a steel pipe it won't be as bad.

I put my fan back in the stock location so I did not have to re-wire it, I didn't think it would fit but it did. I also made a custom bracket for the overflow bottle, seems to work.

I am tempted to drive to the Mod Motor Shootout tomorrow but still not sure, there are guys there that could fine tune the car for me, that would be my main reason for going, not to race, I wouldn't race.

Anyways, thats my update for now.

Sean, if I don't go to the Shootout I have ot go to the In-Laws with my wife, hence another reason I want to go to the Shootout :) We would be back Sunday night so maybe Monday we could hook up, I want to tighten up my collar nut on the blower, did you get Bill's spanner wrench?

Jamie: First off damn, congratulations HUGE time on this project, I have been following along without posting, never sure if this would work or not, but now that it has, you are GOD, hehe

Anyways, your problem almost sounds like a crank sensor going bad to me.. As for the boost during acceleration, its all in how your foots in it, and what gear your in. If I am in third, and give it a little gas (not enough to downshift), I will go into boost but yet move nowhere. If I give a little gas in first or second, it just draws 5 in vacuum and accelerates better then the above scenario. So your boost problem is fine, its just your foot, :p

Once again, congrats. I hope to see this someday, but doubt it will ever happen with me being over in BC, :(

thanks bro! A lot of things had to be customized includiing the balancer, its a F150 balbcer, but I reused my stang crank sensor. I'll keep that in mind and see how she runs tomorrow, hopefully she will run good enough to make it to the MOd Shootout and maybe it just needs FINE TUNING to fix the problem, its needed a lot of tuning so far, but we are still playing with it.

Jamie,

I should be around tomorrow shingling the roof on my new shed. Later in the afternoon I have a huge crowd coming over to celebrate my Uncle's birthday. Give me a shout in the morning if you think you might be able to come over in the morning. Unfortunately, Bill hasn't been by with his spanner wrench set, so we may have to use a hammer and screwdriver. It appeared to me that your collar nut was already pretty marked up from someone having done this in the past.

Let me know?!

Best regards,

Sean

Sean,

I thought your signature said you were making your car faster first? FORGET THE SHED!!!

Jamie,

Sorry about the spanner wrenches, but I forgot them. If it makes you feel any better, I also forgot my wheel locks so we didn't get anything accomplished on my car either! :mad:

Gettin' the shed done will contribute! It means I can finally get some of the spare parts and stuff moved around into the shed, allowing me to get organized for the next project!!!

...Oh, sorry. Did I say project??? Scratch that. I'm not working on any projects. I'm just going to be satisfied that I have working air conditioning in my Super Coupe once again. ...Honest.

Cheers,

Sean

Step 3: SHARE THE WEALTH!!!! :)

Sean I was away all weekend but I am home now. No biggy ont he spanner wrench, I gotta get these IC tubes fabbed up first. As of noiw, I won't be driving hte SC Stang around for a bit, hopefuolly not too long though! Thanks again! If you get the spanner wrench from BIoll let me know but like you said a hammer and screwdriver may be the best bet.

With my new IC tubes I may just have a custom top fabbed up since I am using 2 1/2 inch pipe, the inner diameter of the stock IC tubes seems to be 2 1/2 inch but the outter diameter looks morelike 3 inch so the 2 1/2 inch pipe I have looks really small and won't attach too good since the difference in outter diameter size so thats why I may just ahve a new top made.

I plan on making it very similar to the stock unit only having a 2 1/2 inch outlet on the opening, plus makew the opening completely circular unlike the stock SC hat.

Anyoine know of where to get materials for a custom top, I think I'll use stell instead of aluminum, easy to get and weld. PLus its such a small piece it shouldn't be too heavy, plus the steel IC pipes will be a lot lighter since they are thinner.

Back