Car Vibration under load, not park or nuetral...thoughts!?

metalman

I can feel and see the vibration in my steering wheel when the car is in gear. The vibration peaks at about 1000 and 2000 rpm. It's less below, in between, and above said rpms.

I have new motor mounts as of last year....but maybe a loose bolt?

I think my tranny mounts are shot...possiblilty?

Internal crank problem??

or just sympathetic harmonic vibrations of my exhaust?

I'm just thinking out loud....what's feasable?

Thanks,

Metalman

happened to me with the driveshaft bolts coming loose, pull them out one at a time and put loktite on them, worked for me.

The driveshaft is quite a possibility. I put a new gear in over the summer, so I disconnected the pumpkin from it then...obviously.

I'll check it out.

Although, today I did find a loose bolt that secures the power steering pump/alternator bracket to the engine block. It was about 3/4 in out. Maybe that could have vibrated. I'll know when I drive it tonight.

Metalman

How bout sparkplug wires or spark plugs?? SOmetimes a miss will only show up with a load on the engine. I know on both my car and my truck, I've been able to start it up and had it seem to idle just fine, only to figure out I had a couple wires crossed, or just not hooked up good, causing it to stumble a little under a load.

Problem Fixed

The problem was the loose bolt I found. I guess the alt./pwr strng pump bracket was vibrating against the block.

I wouldn't have found the bolt if I didn't have radiator fluid spew everywhere when I opened the rad cap. I popped by cap to check rad fluid level and it was still under pressure. So when I was cleaning up the mess is all the nooks and crankies, I spoted the loose bolt. I definately wouldn't have found it otherwise. It's amazing how things work out somethimes.

Metalman

Back