Possible "only WOT boost"?

getblown

Is there a way that we could make up a stronger bypass valve that would allow us to reach boost only under WOT or closer to WOT?

jOe

mind bending question...under certain conditions... I could see a use for it.. but for all around driving ...it would be a pain ...my main concern is with load on the motor ..to make it simple ..supercharger same with a turbo...drive it at a steep hill ...cruise control on ....as the load on the motor increases with the climb..the RPM stay the same .. and the boost raises to make more power..keeping the same speed [also another way to check for vacume leaks ]...giving us a wide smooth power band ...it's not a honda and have to keep it high in the rev range to make power....and for rookie road racing... you don't want to matt your foot to WOT to make power..you want it smooth and controlable ....I'm sure it can be done... wirer a electric solenoid to the bypass valve and use the A/C wide open cut off switch to close the bypass for wide open boost ....dave

I have a habit of well... beating on my cars (who doesnt)... which ends up always in a bad situation...

Boost is addictive... if i can keep the boost at zero as well as vaccum then not only will i get better gas milage... i wont get into trouble as much... cause if i am at WOT ill know im not supposed to be...

Is there a way that a stronger material vs. rubber, for the bypass valve can be made?

jOe

Back