Relocating to Lewisville, requesting legal employment

MikeKanterakis

SCCoA Member
Hello, my name is Michael Angelo Kanterakis. I am currently living in southern California, but I will be relocating to Lewisville in a few months. I have graduated from New York Law School and was wondering if any SC guys or gals know of anyone in the Dallas area looking to hire a recent law school grad?

I have not yet passed the Texas BAR exam.

If you or anyone you know is looking, please let me know. thanks. ;)

Sorry, no connections to any law firms here in DFW...

But please let us know when you get into town...

MikeKanterakis said:
You'll be just a few miles away from me, so if you need a hand with anything let me know. That doesn't of course mean I will have any time to actually help out, but I'm here at least in spirit. ;) ;) What sort of law are you in?

Mike,

I have a brother and a brother-in-law that are attorneys in New Orleans area. My brother works for Geico Insurance and my brother-in-law is a partner in another. Don't know if you are looking outside of the Texas area but I may be able to get a few contacts for you.

Well, My wife and I moved back to CA after I graduated law school in N.Y. The department she's in with Verizon is getting laid off in 2 months, so we're keeping our options WIDE open. I would like us to move to whichever state she finds an opening in with her company (right now, Lewisville and Maryland are options), but I can't wait for that to "not-work-out" before I find something too, so... I'm open to suggestions.

As far as a particular field in law, I'm equally specialized in them all. i.e. I'm a newbie fresh out of law school. I'm not affraid of any particular field and would welcome a nice fit anywhere. I would be happy to talk with any contacts anyone might have.

New Orleans is fine with me. I would be happy to talk with your brothers FearThisSC. Even if they don't have an open position, it would be nice to get a feel for the market in that area. If they're open to the idea, my cell is 818-292-0352. Or I could call them if that would be better.

Thanks for responding guys, I appreciate your help in getting me employed. I can't tell you how many Mods I've had to say no to b/c of financial considerations.

Thanks again, any help is very welcome. :)

Just wanted to update you guys. I'm no longer going to relocate to Lewisville. We're now moving to Newark, NewJersey.

MikeKanterakis said:
Just wanted to update you guys. I'm no longer going to relocate to Lewisville. We're now moving to Newark, NewJersey.

Good Luck in NJ, Mike.... just remember to check-out the temps in Texas next winter.... LOL :D

Back