Cam Bolt?

94SCblack5speed

The bolt that connects the shock tower to the lower control arm is called the cam bolt? I think Anyone know where you can get this bolt and the metal sleeve? thanks

Moog has replacements available.
K8521.gif

11.32 each at www.rockauto.com for #K8521

you mean connects the k-member to the inner part of the lower control arm? Interesting name. I thought this was a question about the camshaft bolt for a second hehe.
-Thomas

Mike8675309 said:
Moog has replacements available.
K8521.gif

11.32 each at www.rockauto.com for #K8521

Yea so that's the cam bolt what about the bolt the goes through the ear of the shock and the lower control arm and sits in a metal sleeve? Anyone know whats that called or where to get the bolt and the metal sleeve? Thanks

when I lowered my car and put in tokico shocks I just got grade 8 bolts with lock washers on both sides and a grade 8 nut. Works much better I think, and use plenty of anti-sieze on that bolt so it doesnt sieze to the lower shock bushing.
-Thomas

Thomas said:
when I lowered my car and put in tokico shocks I just got grade 8 bolts with lock washers on both sides and a grade 8 nut. Works much better I think, and use plenty of anti-sieze on that bolt so it doesnt sieze to the lower shock bushing.
-Thomas

So you did not use a metal sleeve at all just a bolt through there?

the lower shock bushing that is presed into the control arm has the sleeve on it. It's 3 metal sleeves, in fact, with rubber filled in between all of them to make the bushing, and the bolt slides right through the center one.
-Thomas

Back