17"*9" wheels

boltman

Are 17"*9" wheels and tires too big for our cars? I was thinking about getting the 10th anniversary Cobra wheels.

Grims95SC said:
Those will work. 17x10's are too big if I remember right.

wouldnt 17x10's be ok with proper backspacing? the rim might end up sticking out past the fender, which wouldnt look too cool.

Moses

They might be ok for the rear but you'd be really, really pushing your luck for the front. Unless you change the suspension a bit I really don't think they'll fit.

How about front tire size? I was going to go with 255/45's or 245/50 in front and 275/40 in the rear (or what ever the close sizes are to being equal in height)

I when to http://www.racktire.com and say a company called Fusion. Never heard of them before but the tread look pretty good, the price is great and the review are very positive from owners of Cobra's, GT's, Z28's, and Firebird's. So, I'm thinkin', I ought to give them a shot.

What do ya think?

Metalman

Fuzion tires are manufactured by Bridgestone / Firestone Corp. They are definitely good value for the money. I've sold a few sets, and the people have been very pleased with them.

BTW, if you're looking at genuine Ford 10th anny. Cobra wheels, keep in mind they are the wrong offset and bolt pattern to go on a T-Bird. Not sure if there are any replicas of those wheels available in our pattern and offset, or not ...

cheers,
Ed N.

I personally wouldn't go with 255 up front. In the rear you can fit up to 285s I believe. I've known a few with 255s up front and have rubbing issues. They barely fit and if your allignment is off, they'll rub. 245s up front is a safer bet.

Grims95SC said:
I personally wouldn't go with 255 up front. In the rear you can fit up to 285s I believe. I've known a few with 255s up front and have rubbing issues. They barely fit and if your allignment is off, they'll rub. 245s up front is a safer bet.

how about with 18x9's? thats the size im probably going to end up running. im pretty sure 245's will fit on that rim, but whats the widest i'd be able to go? 275 maybe?

Back