"Snow in Vegas"

"Big Storm"

Its snowing in Las Vegas Nevada :eek:
We got 4-5 feet here now Lake Tahoe wind will blow you on your butt hope you all are fine in Vegas

snow

here around christmas time near foot along gulf coast..galveston, south padre, copus..now thats something!!!!!!!!

Gee, sorry to hear that Jim, here in the SE we've got wet tropical breezes and 67 degrees outside and it may hit 70 next week. :)

Mike bring some here

Mike 67 where your at Wowwwwwww.
Bring that here please :) I was thinking getting a snow shoveling party together "FREE BEER" my toes are hands face feel like ice cubes :eek:

Its strange to see these big Red woods and Pine trees blow back and forth never know if one might come down with snow on it.cant see my SC no more its under snow poor thing

Only around the foot hills and north western LV. I'm about a half mile from the strip and we didn't get any. We got hail up in Nellis AFB though, for about 5 minutes.

I was in Vegas this past weekend for CES, damn that was funny.

"Storm Watch 2005!".

It rained, and not a lot either.

It was like +8 celcius on Thursday and with this Winter Storm warning they had in place people were heading to the convention in touques, full winter jackets and scarfs, I nearly fell over laughing when I was standing on the monorail platform waiting for the train, in my light fleece jacket no less.

You Southerners are funny when it comes to snow.

cowtown said:
I was in Vegas this past weekend for CES, damn that was funny.

"Storm Watch 2005!".

It rained, and not a lot either.

It was like +8 celcius on Thursday and with this Winter Storm warning they had in place people were heading to the convention in touques, full winter jackets and scarfs, I nearly fell over laughing when I was standing on the monorail platform waiting for the train, in my light fleece jacket no less.

You Southerners are funny when it comes to snow.
Well, we don't all live in igloos and have 200 words for snow like you eskimo people in Canadia.

Currently -31 Celcius with the windchill it feels like it's -45c. Now that's toque and scarf weather. :p

Normally it's only -10ish this time of year, though we can get Chinooks (Pacific winds coming over the rockies) and it can be warmer than Las Vegas here during the middle of Winter.

Abnormally cold for this time of year this week, it's been hard keeping the ole' split level igloo warm, gotta put up some bear skins from those polar bears and kodiaks I killed with my flint spear.

They showed Lake Tahoe on World News last night and OMG! You guys in Nevada are getting a HUGE amount of snow!! Cali-Forn-Ya got 2 feet of rain?? :eek:
It's a mere 40' F (30'F night) here in Vancouver/Portland area. Light snow flakes in the upper hills, sprinkles down here by us..by far better than usual weather we get. :)

Good to hear that Cali is no longer suffering from drought. You guy's should be able to wash your cars again and have green lawns not to mention you're out of tinderbox status.

al35thsc said:

Glad to see im not the only one who says canadia :D

Damn guys, your makin me jealous, i love the snow and driving around in it and watchin people spin out into curbs and sliding around. I cruise around with 225/60/r16 Blizzaks on the cougar though so its not much of a problem for me, just try not to crack 2nd gear to hard and im alright :rolleyes:

I wished for snow and have gotten less than 2" in eastern Pa, ill take your snow for you if you dont want it.

jOe

getblown said:
..watchin people spin out into curbs and sliding around...
Hey Joe, I like the "light" wrecks too. Watch the news as they're showing Denver having a 20+ car wreck as they come down a hill and rear end each other. One lady knows she is going to hit, so she jumps out of her car going about 4 miles per hour! :D WTH??
What? Like she won't get billed for damages to the other car if she is not IN the car?? LOL! :p Then she almost gets sammiched from another car unable to stop while she stands in the road. :rolleyes: :D

al35thsc said:
Well, we don't all live in igloos and have 200 words for snow like you eskimo people in Canadia.
Well, I hate warm weather because my house begins to melt and my family becomes homeless again. I would talk more but my sons natook and mutook have cut a hole in the floor of the livingroom for us to catch breakfast. :rolleyes:

SCaddict said:
Well, I hate warm weather because my house begins to melt and my family becomes homeless again. I would talk more but my sons natook and mutook have cut a hole in the floor of the livingroom for us to catch breakfast. :rolleyes:
lol good to see some people still are good sports with good senses of humor. *thumbs up*

It actually got up to 70 degrees yesterday here in St. Louis, we had thunder storms last night, and right now it's about 31 and snowing pretty hard.

They have a saying in St. Louis, "if you don't like the weather, wait a couple days and it'll change". That's turning out to be very true this year.

David

It Calgary the saying is "If you don't like the weather wait 5 minutes". It can be -25 in the morning and +10 in the afternoon. The good news is that the snow dogs and the sled have time to warm up before it gets cold again. In the summer it is SC power and in the winter snow dogs. :D Up here we only have one paved road so rush hour is a little slow. :)

Today it was 60 and raining... not snow but ill take it, i could put my windows down in between the rain storms.

Back