Low Boost???

CHARGED91

What is another reason for the boost being low besides belt slippage. I've already changed the belt and that brought my boost up too 10 psi when I get on it. I went to the track (I have the Densencharger intake, rebuilt engine, and a rebuilt AOD Trans)and could not get better than a 16.1 ET but that was also do too really bad tire spinning off the line and it was 92degrees. I'm getting exhaust friday but I just wanted to know your input on why the boost is so low. Thanks sorry so long Jeff
Any Ideas will help:confused:

Last edited:
Vac. Leak?

Whats your guage say when your in Park / Drive? Should read around 22-18 vac. Just a suggestion, could be getting leak through fittings. I had that problem and the vac guage even read 20-18, my collar-flange on the sctop was lose (make sure to use the proper tools! not a hammer + chisel). This made my boost jump from 8 - 9psi to 12- 14psi. Now with open exhaust I see 10 most of the time, 12at 4800+rpm.

humm...

with my 90sc, before i had flowmasters put on i was at 14psi but the i got the flows and it brought it down the 11-12 i put the 10% overdrive pully and it brought it to 13-14 then with the steal ideal pully and the NAPA belt im running around 15-16 psi..at 5000rpm

jerry

is mine leaking?

my SC got about 15 vac when she is idling. then she got peak boost about 10. does she got air leak somewhere? mine is '91.

I would say YES...

Red Beauty...I would say that you have a minor IC leak...I had the same symtoms a while ago...Get the proper spanner wrench and check for tightness at the SC top collar and go from there...You fuel economy should change drastically as well....Well, maybe not much since you are at 15 vac, but it will make a posative difference everywhere when you get a good tight cavity...

Cheers

hey! i got a reason for LOW boost!! i live in reno, nv. and i went to california yesterday and i got 12-3psi in there. then i figure out the reason. that is elevation. so Atmospheric pressure is high, so air is thin. that is why i can't get 12-3psi up here but i miss more boost thogh.

Back