UPDATE on project SC

unclenick

Ok, I decided to part the blue car out, needs way too much work, ft end work, engine, paint...ect.

Now back to the original plan: The secret :confused: parts have been installed on the black car today as with the 327 trac-lock off the blue car. All I can say is
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Start off in 2nd gear on street tires, she smokes the tires off :D

Need ET streets or drag radials BAD!

Jan 30th should be fun, I still have some fine tuning to do as it idles like I have a nasty cam(or do I?) and runs a little warmer than I like but, think the running warm issue is a air pocket in cooling system.

All I will say is this,I lined up against a 04 Corvette tonight on the way home and well, I made all Thunderbird SC owners proud. Had him by 2 car lenghts all the way to 90 mph.... :D :D :D

I'll see ya tuesday! Do not DOG it! Chill until it's time gotta run cool!

unclenick said:
Ok, I decided to part the blue car out, needs way too much work, ft end work, engine, paint...ect.

Now back to the original plan: The secret :confused: parts have been installed on the black car today as with the 327 trac-lock off the blue car. All I can say is
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Start off in 2nd gear on street tires, she smokes the tires off :D

Need ET streets or drag radials BAD!

Jan 30th should be fun, I still have some fine tuning to do as it idles like I have a nasty cam(or do I?) and runs a little warmer than I like but, think the running warm issue is a air pocket in cooling system.

All I will say is this,I lined up against a 04 Corvette tonight on the way home and well, I made all Thunderbird SC owners proud. Had him by 2 car lenghts all the way to 90 mph.... :D :D :D

I told you! I think I can fix the Idle for ya. It takes a little tweaking. Do not mess with the TB. I will take care of that. You May need a chip or maybe have your fan kick in sooner. If you plan to add the rest! You must get me squared away with my rear gears etc. That's what friends are for! I will get you to the 12's low 13's it depend on your driving and everything pinging just right...But your not there yet! Remenber If you dog it your gonna blow the head gasket...Get off the pedal until everything is in place...I warned you Now! Do not Dog it yet...You have to do the heads the felpros and the ARP and the little option I will do for you. It's something that not to many know how to do. Keep her cool. Use the Purple Ice...Be patient. I'll be ready to Rock your world! 12's for you 11:98 for me! I'm bragging :rolleyes: ! A Corvette up to 90... Mph how much lead time did he give you thats called a good start. I waited for your call again...! :rolleyes: :p :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Nick,
Sounds like you’re off to a great start, can’t wait to see it run on the 30th.. Let me know before you get rid of the Blue car, I would still like to get the headliner panel from you. How are the visors?

Man that was quick I can't wait to take a ride :D

Oh Hey nick by the way I saw a bird on a little used lot next to Key Scales Ford this morning on the way in it looked like an SC but it was way in the back and hard to see in the dark.. I'm gonna whell by at lunch and take a looksie.

Last edited:
Flip said:
Nick,
Sounds like you’re off to a great start, can’t wait to see it run on the 30th.. Let me know before you get rid of the Blue car, I would still like to get the headliner panel from you. How are the visors?

Flip, the visors are shot. The headliner panel is good, but cloth is torn. Like I said, it is yours. I will hold on to the car for about 3-4 weeks. I need to srtip the car down, but with my busy schedule, it is going to take time.

That's OK I'm in no big hurry, I'll get with you and come over and pull it. So you don't have to. :D

unclenick said:
Flip, the visors are shot. The headliner panel is good, but cloth is torn. Like I said, it is yours. I will hold on to the car for about 3-4 weeks. I need to srtip the car down, but with my busy schedule, it is going to take time.

Sweet90SC said:
Take care of that back bro, The SC will always be there.. ;)

Man, I am in sooooo much pain today. :mad: I have not done crap at work or on my car. I got around 2 hrs of sleep last night, even with a pillow between my legs for support. I'll feel better in a week or so.... :mad:

Sweet90SC said:
You gotta here it TJ... WEEEEEEE WEEEEEEE WEEEEEEE WEEEEE.. :D :D
Kinda brings a tear to your eye....

I plan to, maybe the 30th. Soon enough my bird will be putting out some major power...just waiting for things to calm down and then I can get with Victor and have an SC shopping spree in his backyard.

Oh...and looking around for places, once she's running, for a killer paint job.

Back