oil pressure

Mopaditis

the problem im haveing i cant find any treds on. ok here it goes a few mouth ago i spun # 6 rod baring i just got it put back together last week. i was driving it a round tacking nise and ez. then last monday the it overhate fix the problem stuck stat. now the oil pressure acts funny. when i start it the oil pressure goes up to (rm) in norm stays ther. when the car worms up the needle will bounce a little. i take it for drive the needle will drope to the red and goes back up when i puch in the clutch and let r's drop to 1,000 and idle?????????????? :confused: :( :( :(

Oil Pressure

Check for a loose connection on the Oil Pressure Sender. If it's loose, figure out a way to tighten it up. If it's tight, you have some sorta oil pressure prob. You may have metal chips from the spun bearing, lodged in the pick up screen.

68COUGAR

68COUGAR said:
Check for a loose connection on the Oil Pressure Sender. If it's loose, figure out a way to tighten it up. If it's tight, you have some sorta oil pressure prob. You may have metal chips from the spun bearing, lodged in the pick up screen.

68COUGAR
the things is i cleaned the pick up screen when i replaced the crank and baringes and the screen is 4" in diamiter

Go to AZ and get a cheap mecanical oil pressure guage ($15). Connect it and observe real oil pressure while driving. Let us know what you find.

XR7 Dave said:
Go to AZ and get a cheap mecanical oil pressure guage ($15). Connect it and observe real oil pressure while driving. Let us know what you find.
i put on a autometer gauge and found that when cold pressure is 40 psi and when i bring up the rpm's it goes up 2 ,3 psi . and when its worm the psi is between 0 and 15 and when im driving or with the r's up the psi is between 25 ,35 sometimes 40 to 45 psi :confused: :confused: :confused:

Oil Pressure swing

Mopaditis said:
i put on a autometer gauge and found that when cold pressure is 40 psi and when i bring up the rpm's it goes up 2 ,3 psi . and when its worm the psi is between 0 and 15 and when im driving or with the r's up the psi is between 25 ,35 sometimes 40 to 45 psi :confused: :confused: :confused:
Sounds normal to me, except for the Zero psi part. The old school rule of thumb is: On a warm engine, you should have 10 psi of oil pressure, for every 1000 rpm.

68COUGAR

I Was Thinking About Putting A New Millings High Volume Oil Pump And A New Oil Pressure Valve In The Timming Cover And See If I Get Any Better Pressure. The Things Is When I Put In A New Crank And Bearings. I Cleaned The Timming Chain Cover With The Pump Still On It With Parts Cleaing Fluid And For Got To Prim The Pump. All I Had Was Preassembly Lube. When I Cleaned The Cover I Think I Ate Up Some Seals P.s. Sorry About The Spelling

Back