PDA

View Full Version : 10" DIC Fan Mounts

68COUGAR
01-13-2005, 09:55 PM
Are our intercoolers made out of aluminum, or something else? Specificlly the sides of the IC. I need to mount my 10" fan to the back of my DIC. I don't think there is an air tube on the outside. Just sheet metal with inboard cooling fins.

The fan hangs over both sides about an inch.

http://members.tccoa.com/68cougar/DIC%20back%20with%2010%20inch%20Fan.jpg

I want to have some "L" brackets tacked on to the sides of the DIC. The brackes will close the 1" gaps & mount the fan.

So need to know what material the sides of a SIC/DIC are made of?

http://members.tccoa.com/68cougar/DIC%20side%20with%2010%20inch%20FAN.jpg

68COUGAR

Randy N Connie
01-14-2005, 08:30 AM
I would think that The IC sides would be made from aluminum.

Randy

Joisey Jim
01-14-2005, 03:29 PM
I'd just use the regular ties (or nails as they are sometimes called) passed thru the cooling fins. To get a stronger anchor I've used double electrical ties and then fed them thru a rubber washer at each end. To close the gap I used some plastic sheeting, cut it arc shaped to match the overhang and set in place with RTV sealant. Been in place like that for years.

68COUGAR
01-15-2005, 09:06 AM
I dropped the DIC off at "Tig Master" to have the "L" brackets put on. They specialize in fabricating alum. parts. They ball-parked the price at $40 - $60. I'd rather pay to have something done correctly, than to continue to hang the fan from the cooling fins, or cobble something up with ty-wraps. I pick it up on Wed.

68COUGAR

ThunderRoad
01-15-2005, 11:31 AM
:eek: :eek: BY GOING UNDER THE S.S. SIDES :cool: :cool: .................... :D :D GOING AROUND ALL 4 CORNERS THRU THE FAN BRACKETS :) :) ...... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ROCK STRONG.... :p :p ALL MY DI/C,S HAVE REMOVEABLE S.S. SIDES ;) ;) ;) .............NO PROBLEM :confused: :confused:

68COUGAR
01-15-2005, 07:57 PM
I'll post a pic. when I pick it up.

Fred, maybe you could post a pic of your DIC. My DIC is ESM, formerly on Uncle Daves car. When on UD's car, it had the 8" fan, of unknown cfm.

68COUGAR