PDA

View Full Version : 90mm LMAF

68COUGAR
01-13-2005, 10:26 PM
I have the 90mm LMAF, which came with a pig-tail harness. It may have been cut out of a Lightning wireing harness, I dont' know.

I understand that there is a Ford Adapter Harness, P/N: F68Z-12A690-AA. Is that a pig-tail harness, or will it plug into the SC MAF connector & convert it to the Lightning MAF connector?

Confused 68COUGAR

fast Ed
01-14-2005, 01:09 AM
Mark, that is a harness about 8 inches long, that will plug into the L MAF, but you need to cut the plug off the other end of it, and your original SC MAF plug, and hard-wire them together.

I'm not aware of any harnesses available that are a direct plug-in to join the L MAF to the SC connector.

cheers,
Ed N.

68COUGAR
01-14-2005, 01:33 AM
Mark, that is a harness about 8 inches long, that will plug into the L MAF, but you need to cut the plug off the other end of it, and your original SC MAF plug, and hard-wire them together.

I'm not aware of any harnesses available that are a direct plug-in to join the L MAF to the SC connector.
Ed, I think that's what I got with my LMAF.

I didn't get any color code diagram with the LMAF. How do I hook it up?

Still learnin'
68COUGAR

BTW: I got the P/N for the LMAF adapter from one of YOUR posts. SCCoA Search, Baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

David Neibert
01-14-2005, 09:37 AM
Mark,

I think the wire colors are the same...just match them up. I had to install the same harness, because Pro-M sent me the wrong style connection on my 87mm MAF.

David

talonhead
06-18-2010, 05:15 PM
I have this GT unit and apparently the IAT is built in. I am going to use it for my 460 BBF retro fit with a '93 'Bird v8 harness.
?? If I cut the plugs from the bird MAF and IAT wires and splice them to the GT unit will it work?
This would be one less sensor to find a place to mount.
MikeH

XxSlowpokexX
06-18-2010, 05:28 PM
You dont use the act for the SC..For the bigblock you could of course.

They do make an adapter that plugs in on either end..Or you can just cut and solder/crimp..Of course thsi is an old post so Im sure all has been figure dout on the SC end!

talonhead
06-18-2010, 05:43 PM
Isn't the IAT at the inlet to intake on the return from the IC on the SC? And on the intake on the 5.0?

XxSlowpokexX
06-18-2010, 07:21 PM
The ACT on the SC measures already boosted air (heated). Dependent on year of car some measure temps at intake such as fox bodied 5.0's or in the inlet tube on the later ones. I dont personally knwo anyne thats use dteh 80-90mm mafs as an ACT but I guess it could be done