will SC run without supercharger?

ebodycab

just wondering if the engine runs without supercharger working? and if it will, how does it run? can the supercharger seize completely, let's say that oil leaked out and bearings gone...?

pull the supercharger belt and she will run safely, with not much power though but its safe to drive

trife86 said:
pull the supercharger belt and she will run safely, with not much power though but its safe to drive
wire or fasten the bypass open or blower will turn it still turns with bypass open but not as fast the vacume turns ther blower about 400 rpms at rev's

I just ran my car around the block without the supercharger belt and was quite surpised to find the pulley still turning! I should have read this first. Why does the supercharger turn without the belt? If the bypass is wired open, then will it still turn? I am getting a RPM dependant vibration in my shifter and was trying to rule out the supercharger. My vibration was reduced, but not completely gone. I think it might be a combination of supercharger/accessories. We'll see. I am hoping that whatever is causing the vibration will break soon so I can get it fixed! :D

What is happening is vacume is building up in the intake. Just like any other NA motor. Since it does have to suck air for itself. Some air still goes through the blower. Very similar to a fan turning when wind hits it.

Last edited:
Back