89 Merc Cougar XR-7 SC part-out

gw-west

I have parts available from my 1989 Mercury Cougar XR-7 SC. The entire supercharger with tubes, IC, belt, TB, Intake manafold, stock fuel injectors, fuel rail, wire harness. Everything worked great when the head gasket blew. I'm looking to get $450+shipping for the whole set-up. Car had 136,000 on it.

Also have 2 re-worked heads available. They are "mildly" ported. New valves/springs, etc. They have about 1200 miles on them. The guy I bought them from (on this board, Arron Pedrosa) said he took them off his SC because he got some high-performance ones. They are ready to bolt on. $220+shipping for the pair. These are nice! These are NOT the ones that were on the car when the HG blew!! I bought these from Arron in anticipation of replacing the head gasket, and I was going to put these on. I never got around to it. Photos available upon request.

Brand new ABS Accumulator ball from PRIOR. I bought it and installed it about 400 miles before my head gasket blew. It is literally brand new. $75 for it.

VMM in perfect working order. $55
Taillights in perfect condition. $75
P/s pump cap/dipstick - $15
All computers from the rear tray -
wiper motor/entire wiper control assy./wiper arms - $70
well, you get the picture... i've got the whole damn car!! :)

Let me know what you need! All prices are listed w/o shippipng costs. Also, I'm in Westminster, CA, so if there's something you want to buy, but don't want to pay shipping charges for, feel free to come pick it up.

~Chris

Last edited:
heads

littleboylan said:
Could I get some photos of the heads please? I am interested as to whats all been done to them as fas as the porting gos, is there any numbers on how they flow? Let me know Thanks Mike
littleboylan@hotmail.com

...photos are on the way. more info to come on these heads.

chris

photos

Here are a few photos of the car. I will get some photos of the heads I have 4 sale later today...

~Chris

Attachments

• P1010787.JPG
    P1010787.JPG
    184.4 KB · Views: 118
  • P1010786.JPG
    P1010786.JPG
    211.1 KB · Views: 111
  • P1010785.JPG
    P1010785.JPG
    192.3 KB · Views: 101
  • P1010784.JPG
    P1010784.JPG
    206.1 KB · Views: 96
  • P1010783.JPG
    P1010783.JPG
    217 KB · Views: 85
I'll take that grill, shoot me a quote on shipping to 06053... That is if it is not broken at all. Also looking to purchase the drivers side wiper cowl if that one is in good shape also.

littleboylan said:
Could I get some photos of the heads please? I am interested as to whats all been done to them as fas as the porting gos, is there any numbers on how they flow?

..here are some photos and some info from the original owner:

Attachments

• P1010795.JPG
    P1010795.JPG
    187.5 KB · Views: 52
  • P1010794.JPG
    P1010794.JPG
    206.5 KB · Views: 51
  • P1010796.JPG
    P1010796.JPG
    193.8 KB · Views: 59
  • P1010797.JPG
    P1010797.JPG
    201.3 KB · Views: 55
grille and wiper cowl

jordansypek said:
I'll take that grill, shoot me a quote on shipping to 06053... That is if it is not broken at all. Also looking to purchase the drivers side wiper cowl if that one is in good shape also.

...here are some photos

Attachments

• P1010806.JPG
    P1010806.JPG
    192.9 KB · Views: 63
  • P1010807.JPG
    P1010807.JPG
    192.4 KB · Views: 59
  • P1010820.JPG
    P1010820.JPG
    210.4 KB · Views: 53
  • P1010822.JPG
    P1010822.JPG
    210.5 KB · Views: 64
GW, I tried to reply but your PM's are full....

I see a chip in the grill, cowel looks like it has a chip missing too.... Sorry buddy, but I'm gonna have to pass, I'm a really picky guy :) Thanks for going through the trouble... Sorry to get your hopes up. Good luck on the rest of your sales...

jordansypek said:
GW, I tried to reply but your PM's are full....

I see a chip in the grill, cowel looks like it has a chip missing too.... Sorry buddy, but I'm gonna have to pass, I'm a really picky guy :) Thanks for going through the trouble... Sorry to get your hopes up. Good luck on the rest of your sales...

no problem. yes, there is a small chip in the grille and the driver-side of the cowel has a crack and a chip.

does this cougar have stock foglights? i was just wondering since it has 2 switches in the center console. i know one is ARC but what's the other? if it has lights do you have pics of them? thanks

supercharger

here are a couple photos of the supercharger (looks like soon to go on ebay):

Attachments

• P1010790.JPG
    P1010790.JPG
    205.8 KB · Views: 49
  • P1010791.JPG
    P1010791.JPG
    207.8 KB · Views: 48
  • P1010792.JPG
    P1010792.JPG
    204 KB · Views: 48
NMxr7SC said:
does this cougar have stock foglights? i was just wondering since it has 2 switches in the center console. i know one is ARC but what's the other? if it has lights do you have pics of them? thanks
Did you see my ques. about the fog lamps?

center console / fog lights

NMxr7SC said:
Did you see my ques. about the fog lamps?

the center console is from another cougar which had fog lights, so the switch is there. But I never got around to adding the actual fog lights. If anyone is interested in the whole center console, I'd be happy to remove it and sell it... it's in nice shape. Or if you just want the lid to the armrest/center storage box, it's in perfect shape (I had a hard time finding one w/o a crack).

-Chris

Remaining parts

Sorry guys the car is gone, but here's what I do have left available:

One set of Factory Stock Heads needing re-work
One set of Re-worked heads (mild port job) Ready to bolt-on
Stock Exhaust headers
Center caps x4
JBL amp (qty:2)
JBL stock front and rear speakers (qty:4)
JBL Premium sound system Sub-woofer box w/amp (qty:2)
ABS computer
lots of relays and modules
wiper motor, arms blades, cowl (cracked on driver-side, passenger-side is perfect), wiper-fluid resevour
Both rear Corner tail-lights (one has a crack)
Rear tailight reflector panel (NO cracks)
Front Corner lights
Grille
Alternator
DIS
coil-pack
Power steering cap/dipstick (NOT Broken)
Oil Dipstick
Rear-view mirror (w/autodimmer eye)
Factory spare tire
Sun roof sliding "shade" in grey
Door panles in Grey leather
In-dash coin/cup holder
Center console Cover/armrest in Black (Mint condition)
Rear side speaker covers in Grey leather

There may be a few other items, but that's the main bulk.

Let me know if anyone wants anything.

Thanks,

Chris

Last edited:
Back