heads and exaust?

J

jason gordon

Hi all. I'm new here. Have had my 91 SC for 2 years now and have been reading the forum for a while. I finaly had a head gasket go on me. So...while I have the heads off I was going to clean the chambers up and clean up the casting flash and machining ridges in the ports(intake /exh) and maybe build a set of custom headers and good exaust system after it. the car is stock except for a removed air silencer. Will i have to do anything else like larger injecters ect. After this I will probaby work on the intake side of things but I thought this was the best place to start. I realize after I do the intake mods I will have to go up to larger injectors and better fuel pump. But with just the exaust mods will I have to do anything? Also I was just wondering can an eaton be used in a draw through system(Wet) or will the fuel contaminate the bearings? Thanks for yor time.

Jay

I wouldn't run fuel or anything combustable through the SC. It get's quite hot and could cause combustion while it's compressing the vapor.

Hopefully some will post that actually have done some work, but from what I recall, there is minimal exhaust needs on the SC, with most of the work needed on the intake side. Headers with high flow cats and a properly sized resonator will help a lot. The Stock injectors should be able to handle any exhaust mods if you don't change the intake much.

But someone here did some investigation and found that even minor mods can find our engines running lean at WOT with stock fuel components. Many people upgrade to adjustable fuel regulators, higher flow fuel pumps and new injectors. Especially if they are planning on things like a 10% pully and larger MAF and TB.

Back