What would prevent a tranny from not shifting to second

x182dan

This tranny only at WOT sometimes won't shift into 2nd, it sometimes just revs and revs until you let it go back down to shift to 2nd or it will shift from first back into first. Only does this when I am racing or reving it high, if I drive it normal its fine. It has j-mod, and higher stall converter, if I manually shift it, it has never messed up, but like I said this is only under high revs, and info is appreciated

x182dan said:
This tranny only at WOT sometimes won't shift into 2nd, it sometimes just revs and revs until you let it go back down to shift to 2nd or it will shift from first back into first. Only does this when I am racing or reving it high, if I drive it normal its fine. It has j-mod, and higher stall converter, if I manually shift it, it has never messed up, but like I said this is only under high revs, and info is appreciated

Check the TV cable bushing on the throttle body linkage. If it is broken or missing the TV cable could fall off. Do not drive the car! Ford sells a brass replacement bushing for 1.25 p/n is F3SZ-7H303-B. This can damage your transmission.

I am going to just take it to the tranny guy cause it just got rebuilt in November, the good thing with the tranny is I haven't hear a big bang or a scraping yet

Last edited:
Back